Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
buring baby head

I was in a lage building with big rooms that had paintings hanging in them. i was looking at the paintings when some people came to get me. they took my in a room that looked like a theatre, where on the stage, a 3-4 y.o dark skined child was sitting cross legged on a box. as i approached him i felt a very real sense of evil. he told me he was going to kill me. i became scared and started to back away. the feeling of evil followed me as i tried to leave the room, the child stayed on the box. the people came to me and said i had to do something with him. there were bags of candy bars in the room, i decided to get a suger free candy bar, then approached the child. he was already in the box now, so i grabbed it and ran outside. i ran into a kitchen and looked for something that would help set the child on fire. the people in there weren't worried, but i felt i was in danger. i found a spray can, took the box to an empty metal dish and opened it. the child had transformed into a baby's head. i dumped it out into the dish, sprayed it, then set it on fire. as it burned, it eyes leaked a red liquid that flowed into it's mouth. suddenly, the head transformed into a nude woman that said 'i am still going to kill you' then she dissappeared. people started to gather around, i tried to show them the buring head on a video monitor that appeared, but i couldn't find the footage. i was still very scared but no one else seemed to care.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 , NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: buring baby head

Hi Jason

This dream seems to speak of how how things are and how they are perceived.

There seems to be something that you (and not others) perceive as a threat.

This threat is not 'just a threat' but one that seems to threaten your very existence ie: a threat to what you think you are (some may say 'ego').
Could the threat be a fear of the truth - the real truth as perceived through the child, (and also the one who brings life) ?

It may also be that you have been reflecting on your life and come across something that you don't like - something you really don't like. ? and that your fears of looking at this will persist. They may change form (from one feeling, symptom, issue or even neurosis) but they will persist. It could be something that happened to you that you need to look at.

Your attempts to cover it up (spray it) do not work. The heat that you bring to bear on it (the fire in the dream), just transforms it.
Baby -> head -> nude woman : there are likely clues in this - innocence -> the rational -> the 'naked' truth.

It may be difficult for you to show this to others; you may be having difficulty in sharing what is going on inside with others ('cannot find the footage') - or you may be having difficulty in 'finding the source of your own issues in regard to this.
Have you been pandering to your 'inner child' (a term I use reluctantly') - giving it 'artificial sweetness' ,,, or accepting a 'sugar substitute'?

Are you dark skinned ?

How do these comments resonate with you Jason. Dreams are a personal reflection of our own lives and inner world, and require reflection on what is going on inside and in waking life.
If you post your response, it may allow further interpretation of your dream.

All the best,
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

very often there is something in my dreams that threatens me. recently i dreamed i found a sting ray in this shallow body of water i was standing in. it didn't have any eyes. it was attatched to some fishing line and i picked it up to show this little girl. it wrapped itself around my chest, tightly, causing me to feel as if i was sufficating.
i consider myself to be a fairly aware person. but i live in a state unbalanced at times because i split my life between a professional job working with mentally ill/emotionally disturbed children, with being an artist, and being in a relationship. most of the turbulance comes from an internal struggle to 'define' my self as either a 'grown up' person that just works 9-5 and thinks domesticly, or someone that lives an open free life connected to the internal voices and images in 'my own world'. i am a self taught artist, and i do it because my internal world has always been very rich. creating releases it and calms me. over the past year, i've begun to get some recognition for it and know that, it will take a lot of hard work and time, but i could further progress if i stay focused and don't give in to the self doubt and apathy of those around me.
i am somewhat familiar with a few books of Von Franz, Puer Aeternus and Shadow and Evil in Fairy Tales, which helped to bring more awareness of my unconscious. i share many aspects of the puer aeternus and have been trying to work through them while being in a first 'real' relationship. i could think that the chld in the dream is related to that, but it really gave off evil vibes. something darker then the what i would think is related to the puer aeternus.
i also thought if the woman could have been an image related to the anima. having been in a relationship where i have developed respect
for my girlfriend in a more mature way, i've let go of a lot of the problems and complexes i've had in the past....but 'she' is still in there.
i don't know if that is to simple of an understanding. but those are the ideas that i first thought about.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

no, i'm not dark skinned.

Re: Re: buring baby head

Hi Jason

Your reply shows that you have a capacity for reflection and knowlegde of Jungs approach to dreams and the psyche - so we are on common ground - thanks also for your reply.

I had some thoughts about the child in the dream, relating to you; however as you are not dark skinned it is unlikely to be 'you' ,,, however have you considered the archetype of the child in it's Shadow / dark sense ? What are attribute of a child or childhood that you would consider unfavourable ?

Another angle or lens throught which to view dreams is that they are a reflection of 'how we view parts of ourselves' - and this can relate to how we perceive feminine / masculine - I mention this becuse the child morphed into a head and then into a women ,,, are there clues in this that relate to how you perceive behaviors or attitudes that you relate to children or women?
What I am trying to convey is that dreams also address either our perceptions about masculine +/or feminine ; and / or how the masculine + feminine energies are within us.
Your reply mentioned the issue of balance.,,,, a big subject.

If you see part of yourself as fitting the peur aerternis archetype ,,, this would seem to be a good place to start reflection on the dream.

I also wanted to mention that fear, and even evil ,,, can be interpreted (seen) (caused by) as due to 'that which we don't understand' - in a similar sense to fear of the Shadow ,,, what we feel as fear (and as it grows it becomes terror) may be (i) our Egos defence mechanisms going up (ii) due to a fear fo the unknown.

It may also be worth mentioning, and you may already be aware, that creativity is a trait of the masculine (I can hear gasps out there already); feminine is receptive and life affirming to be sure. Reflection on this as it relates to the Artist in you; and what I have already mentioned ,,,,,,

Finally, in relation to the stingray ,,, a lot in that, just to mention these are the planes of the deep, they seem to fly in the water ,,, yet they may also be viewed as primitive ,,, water - the unconscious ,,,, and it took hold of you chest - your heart area ,,, your feeling area (the area of Love as power) ,,,,

Better go - I think this is a fair amount to mull over
keep us posted
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

My thoughts of children do play a major part my psychic life for two reasons. I work with children that are very explosive and have a difficult time controlling their emotions. I witness, and am subjected to, verbal and physical aggression on a daily basis. At times children have to be restrained if they become harmful to themselves or others. I’ve been at this job for over 5 years and have become very desensitized. Another reason is I know, as my girlfriend and I enter our second year together, the idea of a family is becoming more real. I’ll admit that I want to have children someday, but I do have some fear because of the emotional, financial, and time-consuming responsibilities of having a child. Most of it is due to feeling that I will lose even more of my creative side (and after your last post – my masculine side. I didn’t know that, thanks)
As a child I was very quiet and solitary, more thinking and feeling then talking and acting. My father worked two jobs and I got to interact with him on a limited basis. My family also had a lot of emotional stress between my mother and father, which was never really discussed with me, so I had to decipher many aspects of relationships and ‘adults’ on my own at an early age. Now that I think about it – I was basically a well-behaved kid and kept a lot of things inside, but it’s interesting that I ended up working the type of job that I do, dealing with kids that act like how i probably wanted to. So I have some skewed ideas about being a ‘father/husband’.
I thought a lot about ‘evil’. An idea of evil to me is getting too close to another person’s unconscious. In the past I have gotten wrapped up in relationships through some very distorted projections. I can feel that now I won’t let myself get to close to people, but I can also kind of see parts of their unconscious coming out, I think, just from being aware of how it comes out in my self. That scares me or discourages me from making connections with people. But on the other side, I want to throw my self into my own unconscious, where I think I’ll be safe. Which may be a real evil that could harm me by it not being controlled or by indulging in too much unconscious behavior. But usually by the end of the work day, I’m at the end of my tolerance for ‘holding it all together’ and want to let lose by creating or daydreaming new ideas, and I have the desire to (which seems to me like compensating or rewarding my self for making through my time as an adult) over live my ‘artistic’ side. To live or act without regard for myself or those connected to me. Just to do what it takes to get that feeling of disconnectedness. To get away from reality. i will come back to the ground, but really ned that time 'away' to feel complete.
So the dream could be a message about my ideas of giving my self to the unconscious.

Re: Re: buring baby head

Hi Jason

Beware, if we look to Jung and others, we are not really suited, meant or equiped to go completely into the unconscious.
As a man it is our tendancy to want to escape or seek release - there are obvious sexual issues here. However there is another meaning of this escape and that is to reconnect to what is eternal, the source and through that reconnect to our true purpose. This does require us to stop 'the doing'.
So again, balance and self-honesty is required. "Am I escaping my duties or am I reconnecting to my purpose, my source??

If the dream themes are recurrent then it is likely that you have yet to get to the bottom of the issue. The unconscious will give alternate descriptions ,,,
The journey continues

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Australia

ps

Hi Jason

As Jung said, what is in the dream ,,, it is easy to think and think and go on and on ,,,, our minds are built that way. None-the-less, it is of paramount importance to keep coming back to the dream, kept coming back to what is there

JC

thanks a lot justin. i will keep aware of that.

it seems...that this is a circle, the circle we exist in. the rotating patterns of the same issues. man, woman, sex, self. what are we? cortical animals, aliens, god...
it is the fantasy, the childhood perceptions integrated into our DNA.
and there are ones that know this and want to understand it..and there are those that deny or ignore it...
but how far down does this really go?
can you ever figure out the 'true' balance of self, media, mother, father, ?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present