Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Volcano

Hi, last night I had a dream I was on an island, similiar to Canary islands, where I have lived before.
I was with other people, family or not im not sure, but seemingly supportive. Suddenly there was a volcanic eruption from the nearby volcano/mountain and it threatened to wipe us out in the nearby building we were in. I told someone and they said everyone needed to get down to the "Anderson Shelter" ( WW2 home shelters) downstairs. However, as the lava from the volcano got closer, instead of wiping us out, it went under the water surrounding the building, and I said "look its ok it's going underwater".

I've looked at other dream interpretations and they have said "emotional release" for volcanos, but also that your honest character etc may be threatened by something. prior to this dream, I had been upset with my new partner, as he has moved back to his ex ( just in spare room) to support her and his two boys until her new business contract comes through.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 herts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Volcano

Claire,
The emotional release you speak of could very well be the focus of your dream. Volcanoes are often symbolic of emotions that have been suppressed and the release that follows {eruption}. My question is what was it in your waking life that let this release take place?
Have you accepted his explanation and it has temporarily defusing the flow {lava} providing you a sense of safety {look its ok it's going underwater}?

There may be a false sense of security on your part, symbolized by the lava flow going underwater. Taking shelter downstairs and going underwater may suggest you are still unconsciously very concerned about the his actions. You are probably experiencing constant emotional stress over the matter {water surrounding the building}.

There may be still a lot of emotional issues that have yet to be let out. I think the dream may be addressing these inner fears. Until you address those you will probably continue to have 'bottled up' emotions that could still erupt at any time.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Volcano

Hi I think you are spot on - thanks for the reply! As it is now, I think my anger ( symbolised by the volcano)was a result of my image of him as a man in my head ( we met on Internet) and how he was in reality. We have since met up, but I'm not attracted to him in 'real life' and have returned to being 'true to myself', which is the only thing I seem able to do lol

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 herts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present