Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Controling a dream

Hi my name is Alex this is my first time I post a message her hopefully they answer right way.. is not like I need help but I am just curries.. why did I came here I don't know I just did ... www.google.com guide me here. hehe!

Well anywyas...

I had few dreams.... I don't remember the exact time or age but I close.... and the way I post my dreams are not in a order matter either..

First of all... I don't think I am crazy, wize, I don't use drugs, drink or smoke.... I do a lot of sport well I used to .. I am playing soccer again.. well anyways...

I am 23 years old and I don't remember anything since 15 years old... only small picture in my mind.. for example... But I do remember dreams tho..

First experience... I was about 7 to 8 years old I remember I was out side my old parents house.. I was watching the clouds and one of my cousins said watch that cloud it looks like Virgin Marry... I was already watching the clouds but I didn't remember seen a figure but I lower my head and watch the ground as soon I saw the sky again a STRONG I mean STONG wind and everyone was saying it's a Huracane.... I went inside and I don't remember anything else... from here one I started having cool dreams.. I think this is my excuse to say I have some weird dreams...

1st. when I was about 8 years old.. I use to see a truck go really fast in front of my house... but at the same time it went really slow in my mind... My mother and brother jump on top of the truck platform b/c they were going to a different place and I didn't want to go but I didn't want to stay alone either... so I decide to follow the truck and jump on the back of the platform so he can take me to this weird place...... the most important thing of this dream is that... I had this dream for 2 years.. all the time.. but I don't remember my exact age, school, friends, or any big event ..... I do remember the first time I had this dream I didn't make it... I felt of the truck platform... then I rewinded my dream..

then few times I had this dream I was adding new stuff for example... things were comeing out of the ground to grab me that's why I was chasing the truck.. then I add it that my mother felt of the truck.. and I had to jumb out of the truck so I can pick her up............ then I realize I was able to control the dream....... the last time I had this dream I stop the truck b/c my brother left and I didn't want to run in the dream... I stop the truck.. I don't know who was driving and I didn't tell him to stop I just did stop the truck...

I have at least 6 more dreams but I will talk about them later on.. if someone is intersted...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Controling a dream

I was searching the web.. I came out with this dream dictionaries...

(1) If some else is driving, the dream may be expressing your over dependence on others.

Mother
Basic meaning: Older, wiser, more experienced part of feminine self aspect; the unconscious; intuition; natural and instinctive life; your relationship with your mother.

(1) A dream about your mother may be telling you something about your relationship with your mother. Mother-attachment may be so strong that the development of your own individuality has been prevented. Inner independence of mother is the first great step towards realizing your true self.

(2) In a man's dream, mother may symbolize the feminine side of his psyche.

(3) Mother may symbolize the unconscious; intuitive self; natural instinctive life; the source of nourishment and growth for the psyche.

the Demon part i would say it's fear...

Some times when I was chasing the truck there was a force that was not allowing to run fast... it was holding me back. My feet got tired b/c I tried so hard..

I would say that problems going on in my life..

some times I felt of the truck .....

I don't know what that means...

Some times my mother felt of the truck i could of continue riding the truck platform but I decide to jump out of the truck.. even tho there were this demons coming out of the dirt and I could run fast enough b/c of the force that was holding me back..

Then my brother was on the platform sitting there just watching .. I don't remember if I told him to stay there.. or he didn't help...

but keep in mind I can control the dream but some times I stragle with my own dreams... like someone else want to continue learning from them....

for example the dream when my mother felt of the truck I jump out of the truck .. I pick her up and threw her back to the truck platform... but some times I remember having the same dream and I wanted to struggle b/c the dream was to easy to control...

so I continue adding more barriers...

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Alex,
First let me say that Google is good to Myths-Dreams-Symbols. Under dream psychology, which is what MDS is about, we are listed first. Of course that position has been earned. Not only has MDS been on-line since 1998, the amount of traffic insures we stay listed at the top at Google.

As to your dreams. Your statement about not remembering anything before the age of 15, except in your dreams, and the comment in the first dream about 'going inside' when you encountered a strong wind/hurricane suggests there may be some past experience that is being repressed. The age of 8 seems like an appropriate place to look since the second dream focuses on that period of time in your life. The truck may represent an emotional 'load' and going too fast to recognize is your defence against confronting the emotional load. Yet, within your mind and dreams you are unconsciously confronting it {this is a function of dreams-to present to you the true events in your life}.

Another indication that something from your past is needing conscious recognition is ' things were coming out of the ground to grab me. The ground could represent the 'boundary between your conscious and unconscious' suggesting you may be getting closer in confronting and acknowledging your unconscious thoughts {this is basic function of dreams}. The fact you were able to stop the truck in your dreams {remember, the truck represents the emotional load you are carrying, albeit at the moment still unconscious} suggests you are now able to finally recognize what that load is.

In your second post you mention the symbol of someone else driving the truck, which you think means someone a dependence on others. This very may very well be true but someone else driving the truck {the truck is you, in this case your emotional load} may suggest someone else/some aspect is controlling your actions and/or life. It doesn't have to be a person {which it could very well be also} but instead it could be the past experiences that is controlling.
The mother symbol could be as you described. The personal relationship may be related to these still unconscious experiences that may be repressed.

The demon part is something that was not mentioned previously. This is getting to the roots of the unconscious aspects that would be the demon in your dreams. Deciding what the real demons are in your waking life from your past, this is what the dream is trying to help you discover and remember.

The running part could be your running away from these past experiences, afraid to confront them because as a child they were so traumatic. Demons coming out of the dirt may have at least two meanings; one, the dirt being the feelings of feeling dirty over these past experiences and two, dirt symbolizing those things coming up from your unconscious {ground}.

Your brother in your dreams, 'watching', may suggest actual evets related to your past experiences.
You do learn from your dreams, those things that are not always available to your conscious mind.

The last statement about your mother. I sense that perhaps she may be very relevant to these past experiences. If you can start removing the barriers that keep you from remembering those years prior to 15 {15 may be the age in which these demons stopped chasing you} you may well be able to remember what the demons are that are still unconsciously chasing you. This may require some help, perhaps counseling by a professional, especially if I am correct about your dreams and the repression of events and experiences from your childhood. It would be of help if you could remember more about the demons you see in your dreams and make a post about those dream experiences. As you will learn, dream experiences are really real life experiences, except they are stated in symbolic language.

Look back, give it a lot of thought, and see if you can begin to see what those years prior to 15 were about. Look at the relationships with your mother and brother. Also in your dreams, the fact that you are able to control the dreams to an extent, ask questions of the people in the dream. This may help facilitate your memories and open up the full experience of what the demons were. Of course they may be covered in symbolic language but even then with help {we are always here to give our support and insights} you may be better able to understand the dream message and your past.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I was trying to remeber huge things that happen to me when I was between the age of 8 to 15 ....

I got electrucated while my mother was waching the clothes .. and my brother and I where playing with a lamp and we were wet.. and then I got electrucated... I saw a bright with a lot of different lights sort of like a tunnel... and something was coming toward me....

While I was hitting my self with everything (floor, wall and so on) in my mind was standing up holding something with my hands........ and seeing this thing moving toward me... was I scare? I think I was.. I don't remember screaming when I saw this weird likes and this thing coming toward me. I wanted to belive it was sort of like a human body but I don't remember with details....

My mother says I was screaming all the time hitting my self with everything .. what was I screaming? I was saying.. the monster. the monster...

How did I felt after all this happen? when my mother disconnect the cord I felt saved.. then I saw everyone around me ...and I kept quite I wanted to know what was going on.... why were everyone scare.. I lost concious.... I was there but I was seen this big cloud and I could of hear everyone voices from the next room.... I was able to hear weird noises calling my name....... and that's what I remember.......

but I don't felt like a traumatisum... I don't even thing that's really important... in my life.......... yes it did happen but life goes on... I don't remember anything big happening in my life......

I don't remember getting abuse by someone ...

Alex,
The experience of being electrocuted could very well be the stimulus for your dreams. The actual experience involves both your mother and brother. Why the dream used the symbols may be impossible to determine, other than the fact a truck can symbolize carrying an emotional load. When you compare the dream to your waking life, those things that fit most often verify the association of the dream to real life experiences. Comparing the dream contents to your real life, many pieces fit to make a reliable visible puzzle.

As for being traumatic now, that may not be the case. At least not consciously. But at the time it was and unconsciously it may still be {having dreams about such things indicates that possibility}. Not remembering those years in your life prior to being electrocuted may be a physical ailment more so than psychological {although having these dreams may indicate some residual psychological affects}. And unless there is some other experiences prior to the age of 15, this explanation seems to fit well.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks I do agree with you... on that one..

is that a normal thing to go back to dreams when ever you want? If you didn't like what you dream you can go back and fix it?

the reason I am asking is b/c I usually I do that... or would I be just thinking .. and not actually dreaming?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present