Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
reoccuring place in dream

My wife has a reoccuring dream of a place. She calls the place "Seattle" although it is not the city of Seattle. It is a peaceful place: oftentimes there is a dock or board walk over beach grass. It is a seacoast uninhabited by buildings. Once a volcano was involved. But it is always "Seattle" to her. My wife is native American: 1/2 Aleut and 1/2 Yakima Indian. Any insight?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Maine

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: reoccuring place in dream

Hi Chris

Could this refer to Chief Seattle ? are there any resonances there for her?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: reoccuring place in dream

Chris, perhaps your wife's subconscious is using a pun; the word of a a familiar U.S. place 'Seattle' being substituted for the word 'settle'. Does this place represent a calm oasis, an idyll, where she would like to 'settle down'? Usually, water represents the emotions; if there water is calm and clear then so are the emotions and the feeling of peace. The fact that the place is reoccuring could mean that something your wife needs to work through, is still demanding attention, or conversely, it could be an 'escape' to a peaceful place where your wife and the feeling of security, of 'settling' already mentioned? To discover which one of these it is, ask your wife to think about how she feels when there, does she have a feeling of 'working on something' or a feeling of release and escape.

The volcano motive suggests 'bottling up' and then releasing emotions?

Please note, I am English, so am less likely to offer insight into american historical side/aspects, if any?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 hertfordshire, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present