Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream of Green snakes

hi,

recently i had a dream of 2 green snakes that entered my house. The snakes had rather big heads compared to their length which was short and small..& they resembled small baby emerald/bright green cobras...there were only 2 snakes & they did not seem evil..rather benign and one of them entered my own room while the other..was in the living room...i was rather fearful of them in the dream..not knowing what to do. thats all i can remember of this dream.

Recently i had just taken up kundalini yoga..& i have been doing a bit of meditation. I have problems concerning several areas of my life such as expressing love, tho i believe i am a kind person..
I also feel repressed of my sexual nature. I often feel sad and empty..searching for meaning.

Please help me interpret this dream. I often can never remember my dreams. I have recently become very interested in spirituality & enlightenment.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Singapore

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream of Green snakes

Hi Theeva

Before progressing - what do you know of the stories of kundalini / snakes ?
What is your ethnic background ?

Thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I am a hindu. I do not know much about the symbolism of snakes in Hindu traditions..but i do know that they are sacred creatures..and they are worshipped as gods..they are referred to as Naga.

From what i have learnt,the mind is the psychic extension of the soul, functioning through the brain cells & the five senses. This same life-force is called kundalini "shakthi" (shakthi= force).Concentrating the mind on the life-force to perceive the existence & functions of the life force is what kundalini yoga ia about.

I have just recently started taking lessons in kundalini yoga..to reduce my temperaments & gain focus on my life.

Well Theeva

Im sure Freud would have had a field day with your dream, as snakes usually suggest sexuality and male sexuality at that!!
In a broader sense they can resemble enlightenment and spiritual growth so maybe there is a connection with your waking meditation and your dreams?

Hi Theeva

What is your response to Claire's post ,,, one of the beauties of dreams is that there are often multiply equally valid ways of looking at the meanings.
Dreams that are significant can cintinue to unfold meaning over time, as we understand our own inner environment.

Thanks for your response to my questions - we often dream in our own ethinically appropriate motifs - and these often have global similarities and meanings.

In the yogic traditions, the snake is coiled, sleeping at the base of the spine ,,, practices are undertaken to awaken this dormant energy ,,,, (the snake is coiled three and a half times ,,, it is 'incomplete').
The house in your dream is you, your inner world. From this perspective the kundalini energies have been awakened and are on the move.
There heads are big ,,, lots of thinking, rational mind stuff
Small bodies ,,,,
Green - colour of growth

Two snakes ,,, symbolic of the duality of life; the ying - yang; the male - female. The energies that need to be balanced ,,,, and integrated.
Snakes shed their skin yes, however they also bite and can be deadly ,,, they can be entraced by harmony (Cobra) but the arrangement is tenuous.
It is right to be fearful - you do not know what to do.
From the yogic perspective te energies may have been awakened but that is only part of the issue ,,,

Yoga can awaken our dreams - reflecting greater insights into ourselves ,,, respect the traditions, respect the discipline of the practices - if we are to trust the sages this is the way to handle the snakes (energies) within.

Your thoughts?

Justin

yes, i do agree that there may be a connection to my dream & the awakening of kundalini or spiritual growth. I have read so much of meditation & the path to enlightenment by reducing karmic effects.

I feel so powered to pursue this. I just recently had a break-up with someone, and i was getting over it and going thru self-analysis..and had a lot of self-doubts..and i really lost my self-confidence.

I am picking myself up through meditation and yoga. And learning to control my thoughts and improving my focus.I really hope that i can further progress in my meditation & gain insight into myself.

And of course, the snakes may have saeveral meanings, including my repressed sexual nature??

thanks for the interpretation guys. I really really appreciate this!

Re: Re: Dream of Green snakes

Hi Theeva

I am just on line again and so can respond pretty much in the moment.
Some thoughts

Go with the flow, we are so great at analysing we can miss the beauty and mystery that is unfolding. There is little 'We' 'have' to do - self honesty is about it.

? Lost your self-confidence ,,, or never had it ,,, you are now on the road to finding your confidence ,,,, your Self ,,, it is the path of a hero - it is no easy path - however once awakened we have CHOICE - knowing this is Consciousness. Honour the Self (atman) or deny it ,,, in Christian theology, 'free will' - thus the power is gven to us. Pretty big ugh ?

As a male it may be helpful to contemplate the meanings of Shiva.

All the best in your journey, welcome to the path
namaste
Justin

I had never thought of connections with Shiva, but i think he has strong connection as:

1. Shiva is the god of the Yogis
2. He is responsible for change both in the form of death and destruction and in the positive sense of shedding of old habits.
3. he also stands for Kundalini energy

Ya, now i think that the interpretations are several, and unique to our own experiences of this world.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present