Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Driving, doors, home, water

Hi,

Any insight into this dream would be appreciated - thanks!

I drove my car on new years eve after having two alcoholic drinks. Mary (an old, close, female school friend) & Tom (an old, close, male school friend) were in the car. We drove to go home to my house. There were doors blocking the road, I couldn't steer to get past them, Tom had to. We got past them and then there was an elderly woman who had parked in the middle of the intersection. I slammed on the brakes and swerved past her thinking I had still taken the road to home. The road started going downhill and the car picked up speed, it went downhill really fast and I lost control. We went through some green field and through a river/dam. We made it to the other side even though the car was full of water, but the bank gave way, we got out but the car was submerging and went down the river. All I could say to myself was well this time I have really stuffed up big time...but I wasn't drunk. And both Mary and Tom said well its about time you stuffed up big time, its been a long time coming. I kept thinking how am I going to explain this! What will people think. I woke up thinking this is a wake up call.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mel

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 - New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Driving, doors, home, water

Melanie,
I get the impression your dream is trying to address not only unresolved inner emotional aspects but also waking experiences that are in conflict. They are probably related but only because the waking experiences fit a pattern related to the emotional aspects.

Tom and Mary may symbolize opposites, perhaps conflicting emotions; one, a natural reaction to certain events {emotions of the feminine} and two, a need for your masculine side to play its role {perhaps less emotions and a more logical approach}.

The dream appears to be trying to address an inability to overcome obstacles in your life. You may have tried to use a masculine approach {see anima/animus}, or perhaps you need to use this aspect more affectively.

The road in your dream may be a path or direction you have set out to achieve. The elderly lady fits the wise feminine motif. Perhaps you haven't used that wise self as you should. There may instances where you feel you are not in full control of things, perhaps a natural response to stressful events having to do with experiences in the waking life. You may be too emotionally submerged in the tasks before you that are losing objectivity, and giving into the emotional. It may be to the point you are preparing yourself to fail. Perhaps things are going too well and you are worried about the negative that could happen.

I suggest you look at the recent waking experiences, perhaps involving personal relationships with Tom and Mary, and examine those in the context I have laid out above. The deeper personal and emotional aspects would fit a pattern of behavior you possess. You may want to examine my interpretation in that light also. Are you the type that worries excessively even though things are good in your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow Gerard, that's a really interesting interpretation & certainly provides much food for thought.

Your last sentence is interesting. I DO worry about things not being right, even though my life is good and I have everything I want. It's amazing you could determine that from my dream.

Having written it down here, and looking at it again, I am thinking about things that didn't seem important at first. Maybe they are important? I don't know.

You said to think more about Tom & Mary in waking life? The night I had that dream, I had met with Mary in a bar and had two drinks before driving home. I guess that's where the 2 drinks thing may have come from?

I am wondering about the New Years Eve thing too (confession time :) ). A few years back, Mary & I both got extremely drunk one New Years, and kissed eachother. Although it did cause some problems with my relationship with my partner, Mary & I resolved that. We were just appaullingly drunk. We see eachother now with our partners & our families & are simply good friends. I am also happy in my life with my long term partner, and I love him. So I'm not sure if any of this is relevant or not?

As for Tom, he's a great old friend who I trust and feel at ease with. We catch up and have BBQs with our families and kids.

Thanks so much for your time. I'm so glad I discovered this site. I've always found dreams fascinating.

Mel

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Melanie,
That was a great follow-up. It provides a lot of info tht perhaps ties it all together. My best impression was that you were the type that worried even though things are good in your life. I believe that was the central message. Perhaps you should explore ways to overcome that negative response. Not an easy thing to do.

As for Mary, and Tom. The stimulus for their inclusion in the dream was most likely your meeting Mary recently. That is common in dreams, events of recent days becoming a part of your dreams. The memories from your New Year's Eve kiss were rekindled. Perhaps the inclusion of Tom was to highlight the masculine role played out with that kiss {fantasies, we all have them, played out in real life, although harmless}.

The out of control aspect of the dream is probably related to your worrisome personality. Again, it may be a good idea to work on that aspect so it doesn't overwhelm you one day. Those of us who have studied Jung and have worked toward finding balance and harmoy in our life use Jung's Individuation Process as a guide. You may want to explore his ideas. Perhaps this lends itself to the 'elderly lady' {your wise self} in the middle of the intersection. You are on the right road {your happy life} but you have to swerve to get around your fears {worry}. Fear is one thing that keeps us from reaching our highest potential.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present