Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lack of dreams

my concern is my lack of dreams with any kined of meaning. That is I seem to dream very ordinary dreams that are very different than the vivid dreams and nightmares I used to have. I find this very upsetting because I used to cherish my dreams. Nightmares and all this strange change in dream excitment of whatever you call it started right after my husband passed away two years ago. I was a relatively young widow. His death in waking life was on the the verge of being unbearable. With the support of family im hanging in there. But after two years Ive noticed theat my dreams are unmemerable and my wake waking hours are extremely stressful. I believe its because at night im not acting out or working out and through whats ailing me in my awake life. Im not using any sleep medications and staying away from alchol. What do you think? Could this pass and is this normal for people who suffer a great loss.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: edmonton alberta canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: lack of dreams

Hi Eva

First of all, sorry for the loss of your husband.
The effects of bereavement manifest themselves in different ways. The shock of loss, the numbness etc
As a survivor of trauma and having lost my father 5 years ago, I know we ARE able to face up to anything that happens to us, but not neccesarily ALL AT ONCE!
If your dreams seem ordinary at the moment, after the initial shocking, nightmarish ones, its maybe because your mind/psyche needs a little respite to enable you to stabilise and deal with waking life?
Not sure, I'm no expert and it is only an idea.
However, it is also possible that sometimes what has happened to you is being 'minimised' - along the lines of "it's okay, its not that bad...' to let you cope with waking life. This is a coping mechanism in the short term, but for real recovery it is necessary that you face up to the horror of the situation and work THROUGH it. How long this takes and what shape it takes is of course different with everyone and allowing yourself the time you need AND accepting how your psyche is dealing with it, is part of the healing process.

Trust in yourself to grieve in the way that is right for you and allowing time to be gentle to yourself for this is the key.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: lack of dreams

I want to thank you for the email response i recieved for my question about my lack of memerable dreams. I will definitly think about everything you said. God bless.

Eva

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: edmonton

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present