Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Electricity

Greetings All,

I ask your thoughts...could the following series of separate events with a common denominator when viewed cumulatively hold a synchronistic aspect? Events in order:

1. June 05 to August 05 - A series of near by lighting strikes caused power surges that eventually fried the UPS attached to the computer. No other electrical appliances were affected. I began unplugging the UPS and computer when not in use.
2. August 05 to November 05 - In three separate accidents semi trucks hit an electric pole which disconnected the line from my house. Lived there six years without incident then three in four months span.
3. December/January 05 - Electricity was off for up to two weeks in this area due to an ice storm. A lesser number of homes in the area, including mine, were not affected.
4. July 06 - Electric burn by an arc while unplugging a hair dryer from an extension cord, extension cord toast.
5. August 06 - hair dryer shorted out, sparking! while using it; outlet sparked when plugging in vacuum; electric utility over charge error in new service account; credit received from same utility for overcharge on prior service account. (apparently they prefer a to reading the meter...)

1 through 4 occurred at past residence. 5 occurred at a friends home and new residence.

The obvious implication is to be more cautious with/aware of electricity.

If there may be meaning, what could the ‘hidden’ significance be in these events?

Your input is greatly appreciated…

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Electricity

Synchronicity:

...Or is it, as Carl Jung believed, a glimpse into the underlying order of the universe? He coined the term synchronicity to describe what he called the "acausal connecting principle" that links mind and matter. He said this underlying connectedness manifests itself through meaningful coincidences that cannot be explained by cause and effect. Such synchronicities occur, he theorized, when a strong need arises in the psyche of an individual. He described three types that he had observed: the coinciding of a thought or feeling with an outside event; a dream, vision or premonition of something that then happens in the future; and a dream or vision that coincides with an event occurring at a distance. No one has come up with a definition that has superceded his, although there has been debate on whether events linked to precognition and clairvoyance should be included as synchronicity.

Is there a need to be 'shocked' into thinking about anything in particular Kathy? lol

However, will also post from a scientific point of view the naturally occuring phenomenom of lighting 'connecting' and striking again...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Ok this is the link -

to do with 'synchronicity in lightning storms...'

http://telem-pub.openu.ac.il/users/aviv/papers/JAtTERPHYS-2005.pdf

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Claire,
I completely forgot to respond on this. I accessed this prior post just now to get the web site address you recommended. I read the study prior but with another 'electricity' incident this morning want to reread. My sincere apologies I did not respond prior.

In answer to your question, yes,I believe you are right about there being something the Psyche needs shocked into thinking about, a realization. I'm still working on this, determining...defining...and purpose. I have worked out some of this yet requires further examination.

This morning, I lay in the dark tape recording a dream. As I recorded, a thought came to mind - what a main character (Frankenstein) symbolizes - a bright flash, loud buzz of electicity, minor explostion...a transformer blew. I later walked the dogs I noticed the transformer serves only two inhabited/used buildings, one of which my apartment is located. Buildings all around the transformer had electricity.

The Journey continues...

Thanks ever so much for your insight.
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present