Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
animals, animals, animals...

Hi all,

I've been working on my dreams for a few years now but that one is so different from my usual ones that I'm a bit perplexed... anyone could give me some insight?

I'm in an unknown village that's being attacked by a wolves herd. I tell a kid to lie down and to not move. And the wolves become men. We (not the kid and I but another woman and I) catch one of the men. He's down but I don't have the strength to stab him in the heart with a knife. The other woman can though and does it. He had an automatic weapon with him that I don't want to use and I give it to another younger man. There's blood everywhere and find it pretty disgusting.
The man I've just given the weapon to is busy making a paper airplane. He has written something on the tail and there's a picture of all the village people, including one my elder brother, my elder sister and myself. He goes out and throws it, aiming at a shelf on a nearby flat. He says that approximately 200 people have invaded the village and maybe 30 came into this flat. But he adds that the power is now shifting back to the village people. He must sense it because there's no way he can know.

From there, it's as if there was a second dream. There's a panther being attacked by many different kind of animals. The panther is surrounded by a halo that protects her. But somehow, when attacked by another type of animal, she changes shape and appearence.
There is also a prehistoric animal. It goes from being a tiny worm that is pulled out of my leg to a massive one flying around and that I cannot catch when I try. Interestingly my leg looks like a log of very old wood with cracks all over, so that I need help to extract the tiny worm with a pair of forceps. As I try to catch it, it then becomes an ancient sort of crocodile-type animal moving around us. But this crocodile and us live in different times/eras so that it looks transparent and also we're safe.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, London uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: animals, animals, animals...

Are you are perceiving the current situations in your life as being attacked?
As you know, this turmoil is within you – it is your instincts or animal nature. It is also likely that this is arising from your inner masculine, which you have yet to resolve. Are your prepared to stab your masculine in the heart ? Are you doing this in waking life ?
It seems you are ambivalent to the masculine aspects within – on one hand wanting to kill them, and on the other not wanting to use them (the gun).

Perhaps the way up (transcendence) is through another view / aspect of masculine.

The panther is likely a symbol of the feminine – it reminds me of the feminine ready and able to kill; deadly when aroused.
From an archetypal perspective the changing animals could represent ‘shape shifting’ or a trickster aspect – maybe the ‘primitive’ that the rational cannot control (‘catch’) – indeed these aspects are from another realm (‘different eras’).

Ovearll, as I read it, this dream’s theme is your state of balance of masculine and feminine.
How does this fit with your outer life? How does the image of the panther sit with you ?

I hope this helps
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Justin,

I suppose I could feel attacked in my outer life at the moment. Nothing serious but some ongoing diagreement and life styles with my male flatmate makes it hard to come back home - while I really love the flat I live in...
And I'm not sure whether I want to find a compromise or not as the last thing I want is to be pleasing (and not having the strength to kill, symbolically). Been there, done that and want to be myself... but I also know there's a fine line between being myself and being controlling/having it my way!!

In my outer life, there is also a major shift at the moment regarding the men I'm attracted to. Those I used to be attracted to in the past, I still find them gorgeous but hardly fantasise anymore. But I feel that I could share my life with some blokes not that handsome but with whom there are great interactions. No charming princes and no "love ever after" kind of thing... So yes, my inner masculin changes and there might be this other aspect of the masculine appearing... is it what you called transcendence?

As for the panther image I would agree well with your suggestion. I had associated it with the words a shaman had for me a few months ago and it was definitely a feminine symbol. I was a panther running as an arrow and I needed to integrate the power of me as a woman... Are you suggesting that the feminine may shift to height (flying) that are outside my control?
This would indeed fit too... I have recently met with friends who I hadn't seen in two years, friends who are very much "unconscious" of who there are and have never questioned it. But for me these last two years have been massive ones because I've became someone new. Somehow I didn't care telling them about me and I didn't mind their (friendly) judgement "claire - she's the weirdo"...
So yes, I might have entered a new phase, one my feminine side is grounded enough to be able to be out of reach??

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not sure it makes anything clearer at the moment but the balance between the masculine and the feminine seems to resonate for me, too.

Thanks
clairem

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, London uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Claire - have you watched the film,
"A Company Of Wolves" by Angela Carter? It's very interesting from a psychoanalytical point of view and especially women's responses/perception/projection.
Although it deals mainly with womens psychological perceptions at adolescence, it has insights valuable in maturity too.

It uses the wolf motif and also the 'werewolf' motif (wolves and men) and the perceived threat from these and how these relate to womens sexuality and psychological responses.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Claire,

I haven't watched that film and I'll do that sooner rather than later.
adolescence/maturity... Aren't we all moving from one to the other during individuation? if individuation was a linear journey, wouldn't it be boring??? Maybe not all, maybe just me... Maybe it is only my view of it...
thanks for the tip anyway, I'll certainly find some good insights and will comment when I have seen the film.
clairem

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 london

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Hi Claire

Yes I think your right about individuation.
Sometimes it appears cyclical even lol

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

stats from 7-14-10 to the present