Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Myths-Dreams-Symbols New Look

If you haven't recently visited the front page of Myths-Dreams-Symbols I hope you will do so. I have reworked {again} the front page and would like some feedback. Especially if the page works as it should. The script I use is unique and I hope all browsers are able to view it properly. One day soon I hope to have the time to rework the whole site. Not that I think it isn't designed properly. I have so many ideas I want to put onto the screen. My creative Self yearns for wholeness.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Myths-Dreams-Symbols New Look

My initial response is the first page, 'leads' you into the site in a peaceful way (almost dreamlike) and a contrast to the flashing, 'click on this now!' demands of other websites. It almost 'allows' you contemplation time to choose where you want to go.
I like the movement of the buttons, as this mirrors the 'brain map', 'topic web' concept of creative planning. I find the blue type in the main pages a lot clearer too and the font is easily readable.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks Claire. I appreciate your observations. I like your comments "'leads' you into the site in a peaceful way (almost dreamlike)". The one thing I wish to convey is the attitude one should expect when approaching dreams. The black background for me has always symbolize the unconscious. First impressions are important and yours verify my intentions.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

It took me a while to discover that there was a link on the red square in the middle of the page... I was looking for one on "main page"...

Once I got it to work, I liked the new design straight away: imaginative and original, I felt I was watching a firework unfolding on the screen... I love fireworks, to me they're symbols of summer and liberation (being French might explain...) and parties. They briefly illuminate dark nights (and black website backgrounds...) only to make them darker around the coloured flashes... Each flare creates a magical world of its own that can't be reproduced, only admired and respected and cherished for its ephemeral life...
So even if those on the website can be repoduced, I went around the links over and over again only to take pleasure in seeing these sparks leap out before my eyes. Thank you.

clairem

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, London uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

clairem,
Thanks for bringing to my attention where to click to open the menu. I will correct that part of the page so no one is confused. And it does give an impression of fireworks doesn't it? I wanted to create something different, something that intrigues. I feel that is what dreams do. Once you are caught by them you begin to think differently about the psyche and the possibilities of expanding ones horizons. Much like the Rod Steiger's twi-lite zone, there are mysteries to be realized in the darkest zones of the unconscious. I appreciate your comments.

Gerard

Re: Re: Myths-Dreams-Symbols New Look

Hi Gerard

I love the new format - there is a clear alignment between how dreams (and the Universe) is and the expanding links ,,, it is a great entrance to The World of Dreams

Many thanks for this site
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Justin. It seems this new look is exactly what is needed for a dream site. Not quite the twi-lite zone but close.

Gerard

Hi Gerard

I have just logged into the site using my computer for the first time on the New Look site - I use a Mac and Safari as a browser.
It works fine, better than before (faster) although the add in for the chant doesn't link well or at all. I usually cancel it out as it asks to try and load an Windows Media Player and takes too long

It looks great
Best wishes
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Justin,
Thanks for the feedback, especially about the chant. I'll see if I can manipulate the script and then set the page up so the chant is elective. I don't have it on the opening page but I may add it there also. I will have to see how it fits with the page.
Thanks again.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present