Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
waking dreams

Hello to you all,
I just had another one of my paralyzing moments. I have had so many of these through the years that they don't really scare or anger me anymore, and when I wake up, I can tell when it is going to happen. But I still don't understand it very well and this time was a little different.
I had been taking a nap and I woke up, kept my eyes open as I felt the familiar fuzziness overtake me and I prepared myself to listen, see and feel what would present itself to me this time. At first, I noticed that I felt really unbalanced,like I could fall over at any moment but since I was paralyzed, I couldn't change how I was laying. (wouldn't have mattered anyway, I wasn't really in danger of falling anywhere.) I was laying on my side and I felt someone come up behind me and put their fingers in my ears and I felt a lot of pressure. Next, it felt like they were blowing hard in both of my ears throughout the rest of the experience. (really annoying) I decided to try something new, I tried to call out to the angels to help me and then God Himself, but nothing happened. Then I heard a deep voice talking to me, at first quiet and then getting a little louder, but I don't believe I have ever heard the language he was speaking. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad, but it didn't feel all that good. Then the music started. There were three songs and I tried hard to remember all the lyrics and everything said to me. All I remember now is that they were each mentioning 'father'. The second song was a giant, loud concert that I felt I was right in the middle of. I could hear the cheering, music, and guy singing was introduced as Fats Domino. (I haven't ever listened to his music unless I didn't know it was him, so I have no idea if this was a real song or not.) The third song was quieter and again I felt it was right next to me. This was the only song I remembered the lyrics to. It kept repeating, "My father knew me better than my mother did." I was finally able to get myself to move and fully wake up.
Any ideas?
The last time this happened was about a week or two ago when I woke to see a lambs head looking at me very close to mine. Still don't get that one either.
Thank you in advance to you who tackles this riddle!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 China

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, a long time ago

Re: waking dreams

Gwendolyn,

Feeling unbalanced, about to fall, pressure in the ears and noise are all symptoms of inner ear imbalance or a vertigo like state (sans spinning or moving). This could be related to the position of your head on waking combined with being unable to move from the position due to the sleep paralysis...continued pressure on nerves, circulation points, etc.

The deep voice could be a response from the unconscious, the animus aspect masked as or assuming the all powerful position in the Psyche, a ‘superior’ power, that you consciously called upon for assistance. Not that the animus is the ‘superior’ aspect, but that consciously and perhaps subconsciously you designate male gender, thus the animus, the highest position in the architecture of Self.

Fats Domino, a New Orleans resident, was the subject of news reports last year when reported missing then later rescued following hurricane Katrina. Although it’s unclear if this made international news, (assuming you were not in the US this time last year), if so it could account for this character in the dream. Exactly what Fats Domino represents is unclear as this likely holds personal association/meaning. Perhaps examine what you know of him...any associations, if you recall any exposure to news reports, etc and what your waking life experiences were surrounding that time... may offer clues to possible meanings.

The concert crowd may represent the social dictum, the patriarchal structure. You are in the midst of this structure, it surrounds you, is loud. The quieter song and reference to to lyrics…‘father’ may again point to ‘higher power/God’. Mother may symbolize the higher feminine aspect or the Goddess, as comparative aspect to the masculine animus God/father. Perhaps they, masculine and feminine, currently exist as opposing forces. The feminine and masculine are opposites although both equally important. When these two aspects join as compliments rather than strictly opposites a greater result is produced, more than the sum of two separates. Possibly an indication to begin or continue exploring the higher feminine, to know and better understand this aspect of Self…

As usual this interpretation may be relevant or not. That is for you to decide. Please respond with any thoughts about the dream or interpretation.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: waking dreams

Dear Kathy,
Thank you for your response. I have been thinking about it these last few days and the part where you talk about the 'mother' and 'father' being opposing forces, where they should be working together, really struck me. I think that is what I have been struggling with lately, feeling there should be a balance of the two, but for some reason feeling the stress has always been on the 'father'. I don't know where this came from, since I wasn't raised with religion, or anything. I have also always felt a little off balance, (not physically though) So maybe this is one more hint at what I need to work on.
Thank you for your help. I will continue to think about this.
With gratitude,
Gwendolyn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 China

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, a long time ago

stats from 7-14-10 to the present