Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two children with potential for drowning

I am a 43-year old Taurus and have always been inspired by my dreams. I can remember at a very young age having very vivid dreams. Places, locations, colors, people and their familial relationship have always been and still are an integral part of my dreams.

I have two children - a 19 year old Aries and a 14 year old Scorpio. While I have concerns for both their well being, I have never been very fearful for them, always believing that God was taking care of and watching over them.

In my dream we are in San Francisco (a place we all love to go to) and we are in a stadium at a black-tie musical affair. We get separated, first my daughter and I separate from my son, and then vice-versa.

There is a flood (similar to Louisiana where I have a sister, brother-in-law, and 5 nieces/nephews) and we are stuck in the stadium and complete mayhem breaks out and at first I cannot find one child and then the other. This goes back and forth throughout my dream and at one point I feel I have to pick between them to at least keep one of them safe. It is a very dangerous and scary environment. The water is rising, there are friendly whales(?) and my daughter and I lose sight of my son and end up on the top of a hill but cannot cross due to the water. I tell her to stay and then go to find my son but then cannot find my daughter and night is looming.

I then woke myself up.

As I understand the feeling of being overwhelmed as we have been asked to move again (we rent) and that in of itself is very overwhelming and a sense of loss of control is scary, I do not understand that back and forth with my children and the potential risk/danger I felt throughout the dream that either could die by drowning at any time.

I appreciate any assistance. Thank you.
Laura

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Manteca, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Two children with potential for drowning

Laura,
The flood may have to do with the emotional aspects to do with having to relocate again. In your dream you phras it as 'I cannot find one child and then the other'. Since the dream did not state these as your children {even though you take them as your children} they probably represent your own insecurities. The back and forth probably has to do with some aspect of your waking life where you have to choose between two or more things. The scary environment may have to do with the relocation {that could may you feel insecure}. Rising water could very easily represent the 'rising' emotional toll. You may feel overwhelmed by the whole prospect of having to do it again and feel as if you can not get to the other side due to the emotional toll {this is an unconscious fear}. You may be afraid you will loose everything {first your son and then your daughter}.

Dreams often depict emotional strains. But the language of dreams is in symbolic form. If you compare the symbolic language {once you have an idea of what that is} to your waking life you can usually tie it all together. That is one aspect of the dream. There is also a deeper aspect that has more to do with inner fears that come with age {the mid-life thing}. This may be playing into the dream scenario as well {loosing control over you care about}. Overall the dream is probably more about your present waking life but we must always consider the deeper possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Two children with potential for drowning

Gerard:

Thank you so much. After reviewing your ideas it made complete and total sense to me!!!

Thank you again for your help. This really had me stumped, confused and anxious! Your interpretation is right on and I believe it to be 100% accurate!

Thanks
Laura

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 @ Manteca, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present