Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog's leg bitten off

i dreamt my dog (a doberman) had her hind leg bitten
off by a rottweiler. she was outside and wanted to come in. when i saw her i was horrified and looked out on the lawn and it looked like the rott was dead.
the next night i had a dream about fire. it was in a room and some things (books?) were on fire and i put it out. but when i touched the things the fire came back.
i tried putting it out again but it came back. it was constantly smoldering.
it's probably completely obvious to me but i was interested to see what all of this could mean. thank you :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 california

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dog's leg bitten off

jen,
It seems there is some aggressive aspect within you that is wanting to be let out but perhaps because of your non-aggressive personality you are unable to express your true emotions about this event or experience. It is probably an experience that has left you angry or upset and it is smoldering within you {anger would be an aggressive aspect}. The books on fire may represent your desire to better understand this masculine aspect {books would symbolize expanded knowledge, fire the anger, aggressive aspect}.

Since this is not an obvious experience it may have to do with lesser emotions that although minor on the surface is smoldering within. It could be a accumulation of events or experiences that gets to you. Are there instances, perhaps minor day to day experiences that may be getting under your skin and you can not or will not confront them?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you gerard (i just reread what i wrote and i should've said "it SHOULD be obvious to me..."
what you have said is very true. i want to say "duh!"
to myself - lol!
my anger is work related and i can't voice anything until after oct 1st. that is when i'm quitting
wish me luck and again, thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 california

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

jen,
Thanks for your follow-up response. I believe it fits well with the images and their metaphors within your dream. Your explaination of your job defines the message in your dream about your built up anger {a masculine trait} that needs to be let out. The smoldering part seems to be highlighted, perhaps because there is a light at the end of the tunnel where you can release this smoldering emotions. I am happy to know you will have that release when you leave your job. Hopefully you will find something better in your life that will not cause you so much stress.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present