Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the bear

hi all,
i have over the years had a particular bear appearing in my dreams,
this bear has gone from a primordial cave bear lurking ,terrifyingly in the dark to a more acceptable albeit powerful grizzly bear knocking at my door,
the dream,
i am in a house,isolated in the wilderness,
a grizzly bear is trying to get in,
i am rushing around trying to bolt doors and locks to keep it out,
a native american holyman appears and tells me that ,the bear wants to give me its power,i must let it in.
in the past i have looked at the bear as a feminine archetype,i realize that this was wrong,
gerard suggested that one of my bear dreams was about the ritual of the primitive psyche,
this i can see as meaningful,
jung stated that a confrontaion with the bear from his studies represented ,a meeting with the dangerous aspects of the unconscious,
i took this to mean,aspects of the shaddow ,
the main thing that keeps jumping out at me,is,
putting aside the jungian language for a moment,
from a native american perspective,the dream does make sense,although i am not native american myself,
i have a reasonable grounding in their spituality,
can anyone expand on this,
would the so called dangerous aspect of the unconscious ,also include the very powers of nature both inner and outer,that native peoples have always been in contact with,something that we have lost and need to find again.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: the bear

Steve,
If the bear was at one time lurking ,terrifyingly in the dark but is now acceptable, would this indicate that strong forces within your psyche are now ready to be confronted? If it is knocking at your door then there must be a need to open up to it or its power may allude you. But there must be caution when confronting such a powerful entity.

As for your conclusions about a meeting with the dangerous aspects of the unconscious {Mana aspects}. There may be a lot to this. The spirituality of the psyche, the great powers that can be found within those who realize the primordial 'bear' and the power it possesses, can overcome you if not careful. It is a bit of a balancing act. You are governed to open the door and accept the bear but do not let it overpower you with delusions. It is meant as a guide for the spiritual/creative Self and not the ego driven world of 'self'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: the bear

gerard,many thanks for your wisdom,
it's times like this that it's of great importance to have backup,you and mds have provided this for, not only myself but many others,for this i am grateful,
i have tried to assimilate as much information as possible to understand the process that is taking place,and never have campbells and jungs words been of more importance,
what dreams may come!
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present