Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fruit at the festival

Well the dream started almost in a car like place but then jumped to an office were ther was me and a little boy about 11 and the person incharge. I don't know if it was a child wellfare office but thats the feel I got. Then she said that she had someone to join me and my compainon. so then a younger child about 5 came out and he climbed up on the coach. we were all excited to see him, now I say all because even though I could only remember the people I listed it felt like more. So then all of the other people and me go to what felt like a concert it was light and happy with green grass and people glad to be there. One weird thing about the gass was that it had power lines that ran through low only in a couple places so low that you had to get on your back and craw under. theese lines didn't shock you though they onlylooked scarry. I remeber people I was with touching them and I saw a black lady with here mouth touching it and I remember thinking holly shit. But we all climbed through and sat down. there were really lots of people around mabey through out the whole scope a hundred and then there was the group around me. I remeber a girl from my high school was there that I liked and see her at most of the festivals or concerts I go to. Here is the part I care about we all had slerppys ok and they were orange at least mine was and I had an orange in my hand just a slice that had something on it or in it that I cared for like a drug.I put the orange in my slerppy and then ate the orange when the slerppy was done. and i t was done pretty quick and as I glanced back at the girl I liked (or like still but only see her rarly)was eating the orange to, but it was much more magical than eating mine was it was all curved weird mosaic style ( I mean sharp corners to things starting to block out of focus) and then I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Fruit at the festival

Jonathan,
I get the impression your dream is addressing influences of an earlier age that still linger in your young adult life. It is hard to determine if those influences were traumatic or merely defining {I lean toward defining}. By this I mean earlier childhood {5 & 11} experiences in your life have influenced your psyche, so much so they are determiners of how you act toward a situation in your adult life. I sense these experiences have an influence on your personality, perhaps to do with dealing social standing, perhaps to do with interactions with the opposite sex. If so then the subject of the dream itself may pertain to sex. There may be a struggle with this aspect of your life.
But it also may have to do with influences on feminine aspect of your psyche. Again there seems to be some kind of struggle with this aspect {here it has to do with the inner struggles about yourself and not the opposite sex or females}. Are your struggling with any identity problems? Your life as a whole may be greatly influenced by this one aspect.

Does 'Fruit of the Festival' have any significant meaning?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

just because we were eating oranges at a concert style setting.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Jonathon,
What about the rest of the interpretation? Does any of it fit? Of course it is valuable to understand how dreams function so I suggest you read the first several links I have provided in the left column of the page {or go here if you have problems accessing the links}.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

yes I asked my mom about those ages and she said that 5 and 11 are probably the most tramatic times in my life other than my own adult fuck arounds. My mom and dad got divorced and then my mothers brother died in a drunk driving acident. At 11 my mothers last living brother stole everything from us and I had to move from my birth house to my aunt's and then to a new one by my dad. It is sort of making sense but I don't understand about the fruit or what the dreams little message is.
that was a good Idea tho thanks

Jonathan,
Thanks for the follow up reply. Your verification of the early childhood experiences {5 & 11} is significant and is most likely the deeper message of your dream. It is not uncommon for dreams to give age as a literal aspect in the dreamer's life. And often it is exact ages that come through in the dream.

If you have these type dreams often then it may suggest you still have unresolved conflicts associated with those experiences at age 5 & 11. You may not remember these experiences {you asked your Mom} but because they caused noticeable conflict in your family life, your psyche does remember them. They are stored away in the deeper psyche, the deep unconscious. They often influence how you live your life. And you may never know it.

My personal experience
After examining my own life I can see how childhood experiences have greatly influenced how I lived my life up until my mid 40s {when I dsicovered Joseph Campbell & Carl Jung}. By looking back at my own life, a self psychology and analysis, I have discovered so many truths that were there all the time, often controlling how I lived life. This is all a part of Jung's Individuation Process

The influences and experiences of early life are the personal archetypes

Are there any other such experiences that you or your mother haven't thought of? Were there any experiences with relatives during those years and throughout your childhood that could be important?

You mention in your post 'my own adult fuck arounds'. I had such experiences myself {most of which I would do different if I could o it over again}. Childhood and early adolescent life can very often give us clues to possible patterns of behavior during our adult years. Because I now know most of those unconscious stimulator's from my childhood that influenced my actions and decisions in my adult life, they no longer control my actions negatively. There is not those emotional conflicts that come with unresolved psychological issues.

Your dreams are also trying help you understand these unconscious aspects, conflicts of the psyche and possible controlling factors in your life. Your 'fuck arounds' have underlying influences. Something you will need one day to understand and resolve.
Most people confront these issues at mid-life. Like myself. It can become real baggage in life. Along with all that society puts on us, emotional conflicts need not be a real factor to the quality of life.

I will take another look at your dream this weekend. With the new provided info in your post I may have new avenues to explore that may help you understand what the dream message may be.

Gerard

Jonathan,
With your added info about your childhood experiences I can see where the dream may be directing your attention to those resolved issues. To what extent and relevance those experiences shape your current waking life may be the central message. You have spoken about adult actions that perhaps were motivated by childhood influences. The last part of the dream focuses on the opposite sex while the orange may be the 'fruit' of which is the ap'pealing' lure shaped by those influences. The central point of the dream me be the imbalance that lies underneath the conscious attitudes, where your unconscious drive to satisfy that need for love, acceptance and attention {via sex} caused by traumatic and/or influential childhood experiences push you into actions in adulthood that could be as damaging. In other words, childhood is a that formulating period where the young psyche is shaped first by bonding with the mother and family. If there is a disruption {as in your case, the experiences at ages 5 & 11} of that bonding of a culture of love and protection, it often is carried over into adult life. To compensate, adult actions turn toward substitutes, using sex, alcohol, food, drugs as tools to replace what was lacking during childhood. This may sound as if it is an excuse but the science is strong enough to give credibility to this line of thought. I know it fit my life and have seen it fit many others also.

All in all the problem may be you are looking for love, in all the wrong places. If you use sex as your 'drug' to placate feelings of loneliness and acceptance then these assumptions may be correct.

Gerard

Hi Jonathan

The frozen slurpy - water in dreams can represent the emotions ,,, and the colour + flavour in these drinks is artificial right ,,, so can you put those together ? It is all gone so quick, you hardly notice, and there is no satisfaction and it is all gone. Are you holding the best to last ,,, are you holding back the real passion in your life ? Are you holding over the real thing ,,, if so you may fond yourself looking over your shoulder wondering where has what I wanted gone ? where has my life gone ,,,

your thoughts ??
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Ok so this is all starting to make sense. well as much sense as it can make. So the children are a part of my past defineing moments. I have to get the 5 year old before I can go to the show, why because the dream put it first right? So we head to the show and on the way to our spot on the grass ther is danger but it is false. after I realize there is no danger I take my seat and recive my orange witch is powerful unknow thats why I felt like it was a drug( before I do things that are new or are unstable to me I am always causious and take my time to eat or do the drug) so I prolong the process by puting my dream or gift or orange in my emotions witch hold the same flavor and color as my dream. It makes sense that you called the slerpy emotions because no one gave it to me it just apeared for me to put the orange in. so I get through the emotions surounding my orange and finally eat it reluctantly until I see the girl eating it to (Adam and eve comfort). Now this is interesting At 11 my mothers brother stole all of our shit and ran off. 13 years pass and then he comes back and is forgiven by the family and me. this just happened this year so that would explain why the 11 year old was already with me. Now at 5 my moms brother die in a drunk driving accident witch help my mom have emotions that motivatied her to tell my dad to take his shit elsewhere. I am geting ready to go to the place were his ashes were spread this tuesday. so do you guys think that the dream is in forsight or just hypithetical in showing me basicly my whole process of becomeing my true orange?
you guys rock for you insight. thankyou

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Indiana

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Johnathan

thanks for getting back - it seems to me that you have put it together (with a little help). It is my experience that if I gently reflect on the dreams the meanings will become clearer to me. Sometimes I just can' believe it has taken me so long to catch up with my sleeping-consciousness.
So reflection is really important.
Another thing that is really important is honesty; it is not necessary to tell others but it is necessary to be honest to ones self ,,, this pertains to your feelings as much as anything else.

You picked up on the symbolism of Adam + Eve ,,, I didn't see that, and you have brought up the issue of symbols in the dream.
The orange is a 3-D circle ie: it is complete - but you only have a slice ,,, you as yet have a peice of the whole. That is ok and normal ,,,, so far.

Well done,
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Jonathon,
AS Wolf Blitzer would say about his crew at CNN; these guys/gals at the DreamForum are the best.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present