Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
staff, foreign places and beaches

I'm at a school (as a workplace, I'm a teacher) but don't feel I 'belong' there, am just on a visit or am not really part of the staff. I am writing something in a book, like notes or similiar. I feel I am just there, out of politeness.

A short, dark haired woman teacher (about late forties/fifties, older than me - greek/italian/spanish looking or just dark-haired like me?)and I are sorting out some planning or resources etc and we get on very well. The woman laughs and says something like
" we will have to keep in touch/ we will have to meet up again" and I agree that we need to swap telephone numbers. It is a friendly exchange, I felt glad to have made a friend.

I leave and go home. There are clothes and things everywhere. I know I need to pack and move on to another place. I get a text message from Jodie, one of my friends from University, saying do I want to meet up at a certain place, but I make a mental note that I would like to meet up with her but that i'm in this place (meaning to text her back) I feel happy she has got back in touch, and also that I can tell her about my travels etc.

Next, I'm sitting out on a piazza or similiar (as it appears to be Italian/spanish etc? along with lots of local people, ready for some kind of street festival or parade - watching other locals dressed up for the festival go past. Everyone is relaxed, celebrating and enjoying themselves sitting by the side of the street. Again, though, I am not 'settled' here amongst these people, only a traveller or tourist and still thinking about where I have to travel to.

In the last part of the dream, I am on a large sandy beach and there are two other women there, slightly younger than me. I see two kind of school resource trays in the sand, that I have to collect or 'clear away'( from teaching work) One is full of guns, but they don't really look like guns, more like mock-ups or models and then just a really basic right-angled shape, which suggest they are a resource/model of some kindmade out of grey plastic and another tray, in which the contents isn't apparent.I kneel down on the beach, picking up handfuls of sand and letting it pour through my fingers. I remember thinking that I 'should' savour this and enjoy it, but remember my real-life/waking experience of teaching and living in Gran Canaria, which is an island all about sand and sea and sun, but which was not the happiest experience I had planned. The emotion is that I am very concsiously TRYING to enjoy this moment an 'be grateful' but I am not really content.
I remember thinking that I preferred, seasons, all kinds of weather, not just continual sun, as this made the plants grow green etc. I prefer green countryside, plants, trees etc, rather than the 'trade-in' of a beach life, with just scrubby plants etc in that kind of climate.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: staff, foreign places and beaches

Hi Claire

As I read your dream I see that this dream speaks about change / coming change in your life.
Are you fair haired ? Is your current job / professional life involve teaching ,, enough of the questions.

This change is a 'going home' - to your true nature, where you will feel more comfotable. There is a reconnection with parts of yourself that you have not been in touch with for some time.

The clearing up on the beach may refer to residual issues regarding your work. This may have to do with your attitudes to the your work or the effects of the work (environment) on you. Is there an aspect of domination, patriarchy or masculine energy that is associated with the work you have been doing ? This is a false mock-up masculinity perhaps.Interestingly these two boxes are balanced by two women.
Life like grains of sand through the hourglass ... it is precious ,,,
and yet there is pain associated with it , despite our plans and intentions of our mind / consciousness. Indeed the seasons are necessary - the changes in mood, unexpected outcomes etc.
The idyllic life in the sun is not all it is cracked up to be - get real; where there is real growth.

What are your thoughts ?
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow! I can' think of a more relevant interpretation than yours Justin! As I read it I thought "That's it" and I hadn't thought about the 'balancing aspect of the two trays/two women either. I am not fair haired - the opposite - brunette, but I am a teacher and have recently had an experience of sexism in an interview which is now being investigated on my behalf ( see also white hare/dress dream/ parkinsons disease dream post etc and how these dreams seem to be connected).
I agree with the sandtimer motif as sand running through my hands I hadnt thought of it in terms of time.

There are a lot of changes occuring at the moment in my life : the beginning and development of a serious relationship, an imminent house move/relocation and new area to work in. There is a strong element of 'waiting' involved, which again could be the sand/time motif.

The only difference is the shorter/slightly older women that I made friends with as I have now met her in real life ( freaky I know!) she was one of the teachers I covered at a school yesterday and as I met her in 'real life' I had to stop myself from smiling because of remembering my dream.
I'm beginning to become slightly wonderous than certain aspects in my dreams are then occuring in real life, but has anyone else had experience of this?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

The idyllic life in the sun is not all it is cracked up to be - get real; where there is real growth.

What are your thoughts ?
Justin
- this entirely puts into perspective not only my dream motifs but my real life experience of teaching in the Canary Islands and then coming home to the UK - a lot of parallels seem to be making themselves clearer and more apparent at this time for me - thanks!

Hi Claire

Thanks for your feedback - although I know you have posted dreams recently, and felt that this dream would tie in with them, I purposely did not go back and read them. It was my intention to look for just what was in this dream. As you know, considering the themes unfolding in dreams can relate much deeper levels of understanding.

There are a few aspects that might be worth considering:
- what is the overall direction of the dream ? This seems to me to be one of 'going home' ,,,,
- the "we have to keep in touch" ,,, this is a lovely reminder from your self not to forget those parts of yourself that your have already encountered
- the Teacher archetype present in this dream (you), How do you feel about this aspect of yourself / or yourself as a Teacher ? Is the
- and there is good acknowledgement that what you have been doing on a personal level is 'higher learning' - (friends from University)

I asked about the darker haired woman wondering if she might be a representation of your shadow self. As she is a Teacher I thought there might be reference to this being a shadow aspect of yourself. In this regard, it seems as though you ahve just had a personal experience of 'synchronicity'. I link this with greater alignment between our inner ad outer lives, ie: we are living more in harmony with the purpose for which we were created.

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present