Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horrible Nightmare/Bluebeard theme

I'm in my parent's house and talking to dad on phone. He's at the post office and coming home soon. Someone walks in and I note with dread it can't be my dad cause I just hung of the phone with him. It is an overweight white man. I notice a door behind him and it is seeped in blood leaking out of the sides. He has locked up my younger brother and I'm next.

I'm in a store and looking for oracle cards, other than the ones I have. The sales lady shows me several that I already have, Goddess cards, Divine Mother cards, dream cards and angels. She gets up on a step ladder to look up on a shelf up high, but nothing.

I order a sandwich with pieces of meet and eat part and wrap it up and take the rest home to my husband.

I am sorry that I don't have time to post more about my current life but I will try to add more later, but thats the dream. It is very disturbing to me and and am worried about my life.

Thanks,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Horrible Nightmare/Bluebeard theme

Hi May

In some ways it is good to post just the dream without the current issues that are going on in our lives as this can give a cleaner interpretation of the dream. Then we can consider the dream in light of events in waking life.

I thought you might like to revisit the Bluebeard tale -
http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/bluebeard/index.html.
I am not familiar with it and will read it later, however I could not see the link to your Dream Title including Bluebeard and the dream itself. Maybe I will after I have read the tale.

The location of this dream 'in my parents house' suggests where to look for the root of the issues in the dream. It may have something to do with the nature of your relationship to your 'tribe'; where you have come from, where you link to in the relational network of the web of your life. This could be equated with the energy associated with the second chakra. This chakra does relate to our sexual relations however when considered more broadly it is the source of our creativity, procreation and the interactions between the masculine and feminine energies.

You are 'communicating with father'; again this seems to relate to knowledge, teachings passed from the older generations of the masculine. This may be a good thing or a bad thing; the dream does not seem to say. However, the dream does say 'he's coming home soon'; so this aspect of masculine energy will be available to you 'soon' (whatever that means in dream speak).

The issue is with some other masculine energy - 'Overweight' ,,, xs weight too much energy, too much influence ,,, has locked up your animus; locked up your creative aspects. More than this, the creative aspect of you is bleeding.

You are not happy with the cards that life has dealt you - so you are looking for some other way to interpret your life rather than the way it is. For this you are turning to the feminine - the sales lady, the Goddess cards. There is nothing to be found in doing this, even by looking to a higher level.

Do you currently feel squeezed between tow sides or two opposites (the sandwich) - do you feel like 'the meat in the sandwich'?. You are accepting this situation (you are eating it).
And taking part of it 'home to my husband' ,,, taking the leftovers home to the inner masculine. In what way are you short-changing your inner masculine (creative) aspects. In the dream, what do you wrap the sandwich up in ?

Hope this starts the ball rolling
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

May,

I'm very uncertain about all this but perhaps the Bluebeard has locked up your animus.

Perhaps the lady who climbed the steps signifies spiritual aspirations of a general or specific type. I wonder if her inability to find anything you don't already have signifies the powerlessness of the oracle cards in helping you out of a current dilemma. Perhaps you are not adopting the right approach to your problem(s). Might you already have everything you need?

And perhaps you are feeding your animus by sharing the meat sandwich with your husband.

I am very sorry you are worried about your life. And I'm sorry for this simple-minded interpretation but I hope you will find the possibility that you may have everything you need encouraging. I hope you are ok.

Pryzm

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, Nasvhille, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Justin and Jim,

Thank you for your interpretation.

I think the location of the dream 'in my parent's house' is a big clue. Currently, at the moment, I am working on two master's degrees, and trying to refine my academic knowledge and specialization to start preparing a good base for either a phd dissertation or a career specialization. This requires great skills for a budding animus, the art of intellectual discrimination, delineating fine boundaries, high reasoning abilities, strong analytical and critical thought processes and so on. Perhaps this is where the 'overweight' masculine comes in....too much 'masculine' sun dividing consciousness....not enough 'feminine' lunar unifying holistic consciousness...

Growing up, I really didn't have the emotional space to express my feelings or my 'true' self, in my 'parent's house'. This is a challenge for me now, because intellectual analysis seperated from true feeling....'feminine' values is also unbalanced and takes me away from achieving wholeness.

The Bluebeard link: in the tale, blue beard locks up the past wives...and the bride's brother's come to save her in the end, and she discovers the door using a key but after she opens it, it is seeped in blood. In my dream, my brother is the one locked up, and rather than the key bleeding, it is the door....I saw this dream as a variation of the bluebeard tale. It was disturbing because the 'resucuing ' element in the tale was the bride's masculine.....animus....brothers....and in my dream my brother was locked up.....by another 'overweight' factor in the psyche.

Perhaps also this is another case of patriarchial values dominating both my emerging masculine and femininity..... the animus is represented as my 'younger' brother... and the feminine is 'out of reach'...

I think the cards represent my turning towards faith and spirituality and even religion for inspiration. This is fine but without being really in touch with my feelings, my 'feeling' values.. then even what is sublime and intented to uplift is either out of reach or 'overweight' and crushing any true inspiration or wholeness.

Perhaps the very nature of graduate study requires delicately balancing the masculine and feminine ways of knowing and being and avoiding patriarchy. This is just one interpretation of what this dream might mean, but again, as usual, I feel this is barely touching the surface and there is more, much more, especially on a deeper and more personal level...which as usual has still eluded me.

The reason I posted this dream is because a month ago I dreamt my brother was helping me move an old fashioned wooden chest with legs into the corner of an old but luxuriously furnished house. As an animus symbol he was finally a helpful and still 'young' emerging ally, and also since in the past most of my dreams were about my husband this showed a shift in my animus as something more 'related' to me....as a brother. In real life I think my brother is wonderful and this also tells me alot. So when I thought things were finally getting better, (especially since I stopped having dreams of my husband (animus) cheating on me or abandonning me), then I start having dreams about this newly developing animus being locked up, and tortured so I am wondering what is going on that made things take a turn for the worse....

I've been working on this second master's for a month now, this is the big change in my life, and in another country. So perhaps this is what is impacting me.

Thank you and I welcome all feedback.

Best regards,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Horrible Nightmare/Bluebeard theme

Hi May

Thanks for your response - as you say there are layers upon layers.
I have spent over twenty years in academic pursuit etc - and your dreams seem to make a lot more sense now. The papaerchase of knowledge is, as I think of it now, the rape of the feminine. When i was on the inside there was no (little) respect or space given to the development of feminine aspects ,, at the time I did not see it. There is also no credence given to authentic masculine values or actions based on these values.

Good luck
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present