Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of a relative

I had a dream..We had a get together in which alot of people showed up, including my husbands aunt. She was about to leave when I stopped her as she was putting her coat on and asked her is she was okay, she said she didn't feel well and wanted to leave. She didn't look well either. As she turned to walk away, she quickly turned back and asked if I had tapped her on the shoulder, I told her no, then turned around and saw my deceased father in law standing there in a black suit. He was the one that tapped her on the shoulder. I took her hands in mine, and I was freaking out but I couldn't tell her who it was. I called my mother in law in and she saw him also. I then hugged my husbands aunt and she collapsed in my arms. I layed her on the ground then seconds later saw her spirit rise from her body, she looked at me with a HUGE smile and she was giddy. Then she took my father in laws hand and they floated out the window towards the sky in a bright white light.
What does this mean??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Death of a relative

R,
First look to the possibilities of this dream being precognitive. These types of dreams are rare but do occur. Read the link above to help you understand how such dreams come about and their meaning. Your dream seems to be more attuned to such possibilities than most but does not mean it is predicting any future event having to do with your aunt.

I assume your aunt is still living. If you will confirm this and explain your relationship with your aunt {are the two of you close, has there been any contact in the past few days that may be significance?}. Once you do tghis I will look at the dream to determine what it may be trying to address.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard, thanks so much for the info.
As for your questions, no, we are not close at all. I haven't seen her in quite a long time. Truth be told, I barely think of her, unless it's a holiday and we visit.

Hi Gerard, I know you're busy, just wondered if you had time to look at my dream again after answering your questions. Thank you in advance.

R,
Since there is little contact with your aunt then the dream may be addressing feminine qualities you possess. They could be traits or personal aspects that are likened to those your aunt possesses. Then again they could be unrelated. Taking her hands in your own may indicate related traits. There may be some aspect about yourself that is not 'feeling' well and the future possibilities of this aspect doesn't have a good outlook. Your unconscious may be trying to get your attention {turning back-the unconscious and tapped on shoulder-seeking your attention}. With your father appearing and being responsible for the tap, you may want to look in that direction as to what your unconscious wishes to inform you.

There seems to be some relationship to family in the dream. Your deceased father, your mother-in-law and your father-in-law could represent aspects of your own psyche but with so many relatives in the dream I think some personal relationship is involved. The fact that your aunt and father-in-law floating out the window. This could represent inner qualities-look in the Dream Dictionary to determine if any of those possibilities strikes a familiar cord. See window, floating and sky.

Use the aunt and other relatives as metaphors for personal traits or aspects you possess. But also look to family relationships in context to discovering something about yourself or those relationships. Let me know what you come up with and we can proceed from there.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present