www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Running On Gas

I had an interesting dream last night, almost all of which I don't remember. But I do remember witnessing myself passing gas, flatuate {or in red neck-farted}, and I remember it occurring 3 times in the dream. To interpret the dream with knowing just those facts, not much to work with.

Consider: I was having some trouble with passing gas last night before I went to bed and again this morning. I believe I overdosed on fiber last night. I take a supplement and some days will consume a lot of whole grain foods. A natural function except for the embarrassment it can cause.

But does the dream also contain information about psychological aspects? We can recognize the physical distress that influenced the dream. But what would be the relationship in the dream of passing gas, what would it represent, symbolize?

I've had a couple of posted dreams this past week where the waking feelings of the dreamer was remembered and mentioned, even emphasised. Upon awakening from my sleep this morning and generating some physical energy {with a caffeine kicker}, I felt relieved.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Running On Gas

Gerard,
    Perhaps the psychological aspect relates to a realization of utilizing habitual diligence or persistance to complete some specific task or mission. Psychologically, feeling relief could symbolize acknowldgement appropriate attention ro industy is being paid to the task or mission.

Kind regards,
    Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: Running On Gas

gerard,
    my own thoughts,
    putting aside the physical events ie, what you ate prior to sleep,
    gas is a bi-product of food digestion,
    could this be a metaphor for some bi-product of assimilated information/thought process etc,
    or maybe you need to expess youself in some way,sorry about that one,
    in some countries it is considered impolite not to belch or fart after recieving food,could this hold a clue,
    are you holding on to something ,that may seen or heard as impolite,but is anyway perfectly natural
    just my thoughts
    regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

It does sound like the physical effects the body had on the mind, however why 3 times?
    3 usually suggests the trinity? Spirituality?
    The feeling of relief and 'letting out' maybe suggest you may have been worrying/uptight/ 'anal' even about
    certain spiritual references? Or does the number three have any other significance for you?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Hi Gerard

Such a great down to earth post ,,, the real rudiments of life so to speak.
    It seems like all the regulars will throw in their little bit ,,, so how can I resist.

I must admit that I have had a similar experince - well actually I 'broke wind' when I was asleep and woke myself up ,,, when I realised what had happened I thought it was really funny ,, luckily I was alone.

But enough of my noctural happenings and on to yours.

Three - a worldly number ,, the three worlds ,,, no clues there.
    Hot air ? The element of Air ,,, too much vata ?? Up up and away ? Are you getting distracted - this might tie in with the following ->
    The area of concern involves the lower three chakras - and the first in particular. As you know this relates to grounding, our connections downwards. Has this become loose ?

I certainly noticed that I must have been very relaxed to have this happen - and I took that to be comforting.

Hope it all settles
    Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Running On Gas

do the immortal words from "gone with the wind",
    frankly mamm,i don't give a damn,mean anything,
    ie, a release of inner tension,
    despite what others may think,
    regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Thanks to all for their posts. Perhaps if I had been more attentive to this dream instead of trying to 'comfort' myself when I awoke I would have remembered more about it and the possible meaning of the symbols, most particularly the number 3. But alas, I was not. So I have to live with what I do remember and work with that.

And by working with the fact I had a bodily function influence my dream, I can attest to Jung's proposal that indeed such functions of the body can and do influence our dreams. If nothing else it shows that Jung was correct in his assumptions about our dreams. The body is not a separate entity from the sleeping mind, it is a part of the whole. And any part of that whole can and will influence our dreams. And the reasoning for this? With all dreams the goal is to help solve problems in the waking life. By alerting me to the condition of my body due to excess gas, I awoke early so I could solve the problem. Thus we can say in this instance, as well as all other instances of our nightly slumber, dreams are our unconscious problem solvers. My problem may have been less important than Einstein discovering the final solution to E=mc2 in a dream but both reflect how our dreams can and do help us solve problems in our waking life.

We now know that the dream can reflect a bodily condition and pose the problem to our sleeping minds to make us aware of the condition. This presents another question that may be of great importance. How well can and does the dream present to our sleeping minds an illness such as cancer? Can our dreams alert us to such illnesses? And what would it take to make our sleeping minds tune in to these vibrations? Can we enhance such an awareness, as we can with our intuitive aspects? Inquiring minds need to know.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present