Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Running On Gas

I had an interesting dream last night, almost all of which I don't remember. But I do remember witnessing myself passing gas, flatuate {or in red neck-farted}, and I remember it occurring 3 times in the dream. To interpret the dream with knowing just those facts, not much to work with.

Consider: I was having some trouble with passing gas last night before I went to bed and again this morning. I believe I overdosed on fiber last night. I take a supplement and some days will consume a lot of whole grain foods. A natural function except for the embarrassment it can cause.

But does the dream also contain information about psychological aspects? We can recognize the physical distress that influenced the dream. But what would be the relationship in the dream of passing gas, what would it represent, symbolize?

I've had a couple of posted dreams this past week where the waking feelings of the dreamer was remembered and mentioned, even emphasised. Upon awakening from my sleep this morning and generating some physical energy {with a caffeine kicker}, I felt relieved.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Running On Gas

Gerard,
Perhaps the psychological aspect relates to a realization of utilizing habitual diligence or persistance to complete some specific task or mission. Psychologically, feeling relief could symbolize acknowldgement appropriate attention ro industy is being paid to the task or mission.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: Running On Gas

gerard,
my own thoughts,
putting aside the physical events ie, what you ate prior to sleep,
gas is a bi-product of food digestion,
could this be a metaphor for some bi-product of assimilated information/thought process etc,
or maybe you need to expess youself in some way,sorry about that one,
in some countries it is considered impolite not to belch or fart after recieving food,could this hold a clue,
are you holding on to something ,that may seen or heard as impolite,but is anyway perfectly natural
just my thoughts
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

It does sound like the physical effects the body had on the mind, however why 3 times?
3 usually suggests the trinity? Spirituality?
The feeling of relief and 'letting out' maybe suggest you may have been worrying/uptight/ 'anal' even about
certain spiritual references? Or does the number three have any other significance for you?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Hi Gerard

Such a great down to earth post ,,, the real rudiments of life so to speak.
It seems like all the regulars will throw in their little bit ,,, so how can I resist.

I must admit that I have had a similar experince - well actually I 'broke wind' when I was asleep and woke myself up ,,, when I realised what had happened I thought it was really funny ,, luckily I was alone.

But enough of my noctural happenings and on to yours.

Three - a worldly number ,, the three worlds ,,, no clues there.
Hot air ? The element of Air ,,, too much vata ?? Up up and away ? Are you getting distracted - this might tie in with the following ->
The area of concern involves the lower three chakras - and the first in particular. As you know this relates to grounding, our connections downwards. Has this become loose ?

I certainly noticed that I must have been very relaxed to have this happen - and I took that to be comforting.

Hope it all settles
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Running On Gas

do the immortal words from "gone with the wind",
frankly mamm,i don't give a damn,mean anything,
ie, a release of inner tension,
despite what others may think,
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Thanks to all for their posts. Perhaps if I had been more attentive to this dream instead of trying to 'comfort' myself when I awoke I would have remembered more about it and the possible meaning of the symbols, most particularly the number 3. But alas, I was not. So I have to live with what I do remember and work with that.

And by working with the fact I had a bodily function influence my dream, I can attest to Jung's proposal that indeed such functions of the body can and do influence our dreams. If nothing else it shows that Jung was correct in his assumptions about our dreams. The body is not a separate entity from the sleeping mind, it is a part of the whole. And any part of that whole can and will influence our dreams. And the reasoning for this? With all dreams the goal is to help solve problems in the waking life. By alerting me to the condition of my body due to excess gas, I awoke early so I could solve the problem. Thus we can say in this instance, as well as all other instances of our nightly slumber, dreams are our unconscious problem solvers. My problem may have been less important than Einstein discovering the final solution to E=mc2 in a dream but both reflect how our dreams can and do help us solve problems in our waking life.

We now know that the dream can reflect a bodily condition and pose the problem to our sleeping minds to make us aware of the condition. This presents another question that may be of great importance. How well can and does the dream present to our sleeping minds an illness such as cancer? Can our dreams alert us to such illnesses? And what would it take to make our sleeping minds tune in to these vibrations? Can we enhance such an awareness, as we can with our intuitive aspects? Inquiring minds need to know.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present