Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ancient Artworks

Hi all,

I would like to post this dream and some of my thoughts around it and would welcome responses and other insights

In the dream I am with a person whose name in real life is Meagan. She had found a whole series, a whole collection of ancient artworks - right in her own home. They had been there all the eime she has been living there, and she had no idea.
I did not see the artworks as they were still covered over - as they were when she had found them; as they had always been.
I was considering how to seel them. A peice at at time or the whole collection. They would be very valuable and Meagan could certainly do with the money; her life would be much easier as she is not that well off financialy / she doesnot have an income that allows a comfortable life. Meagan wasn't too interested in selling the artworks and was happy to leave them where they had always been, where she was living. There was an aspect that they would be safe there.
In real life Meagan is a tatoo artist and lesbian.

So maybe I'll leave my thoughts till later
Many thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Ancient Artworks

hi justin,
interesting symbology,
it could be a ref to unrecognised potential in your friend meegan,or a ref to something within yourself,
it reminded me a lot of the grail castle and that treasure,it is always that close,closer than your own heart,
it seems that something of great value has been discovered ,but has not been fully uncovered,ie brought into consciousnes,in fact, a choice has been made,ie to leave it hidden,
surely,treasures like these are for everyone to behold,
but sometimes like gnostic wisdom,it is advizable to keep it under wraps so to speak,
i remember a similar dream myself ,of findind a magic spring,i wanted to tell everyone,but jesus appeared and told me to keep it hidden,
gerard reminded me of the gnostics,
and the wisdom that was written on scrolls and hidden,(to be opened later)
i don't know if it is of any relevance in this case,
but it might be worth following up,
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Justin,

Steve has excellent insights to your dream. In addition the dream speak of desire, protection and reassurance. Perhaps desire to continue living the authentic life with the boons Steve speaks of, an inner need to feel protected during this time, and reassurance this life is the appropriate one to be lived, which restores confidence and relieves anxieties and/or doubts.

In waking life do you have high esteem and admiration for Meagan? As Steve states, there may be some unrecognized aspects she possess that you yourself possess. Determine what you hold so dear in Meagan, search within for these same qualities. When your discovery unfolds, trust and accept this on a conscious level, for it is you, too.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: Ancient Artworks

Thanks Steve + Kathy

I shall respond to your insights, that have been triggering responses and other ways of looking into myself ,,,, but not just yet - I would like to consider this more fully

I am open to ongoing comments
Many thanks
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Justin,
One thing that struck me here is that you wanted to sell the art and Megan did not. You mention that she is an artist without a lot of money. Does she place a higher value on her creative energy than she does on money? Perhaps this dream has something to do with how you nurture what's important to you and how you make those choices. After all, money is energy in another form. It may be that you are looking at what is of real value to you?
Leslie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 wisconsin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks to all, the responses triggered lines of thought that I had not picked up on.

This dream is one of a series that I have had over the past few years that relate to the Feminine. There has been a female prison guard, a female school teacher who limited my mark to 55 before the exam, a female train guard ,,, all these dreams I interpreted as being controlled or limited by the feminine.
And here there is a lesbian - who prefers to keep the ancient artworks hidden.
Is this like the biblical advise, not to keep a lamp hidden ?

This is a difficult area to describe in politically correct language. A lesbian can be considered as a denied femininity; and an exaggerated but non-authentic masculine.
It is the feminine, albeit denied, that has the ancient knowledge and the ancient forms of expressivity ,,, that are being kept hidden.
Again there is limitation and an aspect of control.

To me this has given greater insights and understandings of myself.
In a nutshell I feel these are all describing a / my mother complex, or perhaps more correctly a complex around the feminine. Perhaps innate talents have been suppressed / hidden. It is very subtle and difficult to describe but it feels right.

As a side line the lesbian / feminine is in favour of keeping the collection together - how well representative of the feminine - the relational aspect. In contrast to the masculine who is ok with separation.

Getting late here, better go
thanks again
Justin

stats from 7-14-10 to the present