Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Teeth... again...

Why is it that during the course of most my dreams, particularly when I become excited with some strong emotion of any kind, I suddenly have intense difficulty being able to speak?! I feel as if I'm tripping over my own teeth and can't seem to express anything! I can't get anything out. It's one of the sure sign ways I realize that I'm dreaming and I wake up shortly afterward. I get so frustrated in the dream, because it's normally something I want to say very badly, and I can't, because there's this confusion of tongue and teeth and lip, and my mouth hurts, and people watch me as if nothing is happening, or pretend nothing is happening. They get the jist of what I'm saying, at best, and I walk away -- in the waking world and the dream -- as if I have a speech impediment. This has been happening in my dreams for a while now, like years, and it doesn't happen as often anymore -- until last night -- and I thought it might have something to do with the possibility that I might grind my teeth when I sleep... but that doesn't seem like a good enough explanation to me. I want to know why.

Sometimes in dreams I can't even manage to get anything across to anyone because I have this problem. Other times the dream will cruise along fine, and then suddenly, I can't speak because of this problem.

Please help....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 from New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Teeth... again...

Tommy,
It could be the dreams are addressing an inability to express your emotions, or express yourself. The
frustrations you feel from the dreams could be pointing to actual frustrations with the inability to express yourself. 'You can't get it out'. Inability to speak. There seems to be issues concerning the ability to express yourself, emotions.

On a deeper sense and what would a causation {if in fact I am correct in my above assumptions} of an inability to express 'something', you may have deeper issues that needs understanding. It may involve emotional experiences earlier in life. Often these earlier experiences affect your actions in adult life. What you do as an adult is a natural evolution of how your life has unfolded, {nature & nurture} the experiences, the emotions, personality development. If something occurrs in childhood, or at other times in your life, that leaves a deep emotional impression, you may have stored it away because it was so painful. It remains within the deep unconscious and eventually will have to be confronted. Dreams will feature these aspects of your life so to help you work through them, and find emotional balance.

If there are not any recognizable experiences as stated above then compare what you have posted to your actual life and see where it may fit. In the last paragraph of your post you wrote; "Sometimes in dreams I can't even manage to get anything across to anyone because I have this problem". Where would that fit?

Lert me know your thoughts about my post and perhaps we will be better able to understand the dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Teeth... again...

..... this is telling. Perhaps I simply have a problem with self-expression, that I feel I may have gotten over at times, yet that this dream has a habit of reminding me, from time to time, is still there. Hence, it is reccuring, but infrequently. It's just always so jarring because it involves teeth. I have no recollection of any events from childhood that correspond to this, but I do get the feeling that people do not listen to me in life at times, that what I say simply isn't important enough, or that I don't speak up enough when I should. So I suppose the dream is a manifestation of these inherent frustrations.

Thanks for the input; I feel better now. Once one has identified the problem, it is not as potent an issue because it can be understood.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present