Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
little girl

Hi,
last evening I came to realize some issues I have with the authority figures and the same evening the dream that followed was:
"I am in my old house with the [old] neighbours, sitting and talking to them. A little girl is playing in the balconee, where my mother is hanging the washed clothes. My mother is not watching, while the girl is jumping and I got the impression she was going to jump off the balconee so I called her attention. I took her to the parents' room (the old house had only one bedroom) and started to advice her how careful she had to be not to jump off the balconee. She promised and kissed me in the cheeks." The dream continued somehow but I do not remember other details.
I would appreciate any ideas on interpreting this.
Thanks,
Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: little girl

Elona,
The dream may be addressing childhood experiences {old house} where there was not enough attention given to you as a child. This may have caused you to develop a complex or emotional issues concerning parents {you state you have come to grips with authority figures}. These emotional issues are now threatening to 'jump' out at you and there needs to be a reassurance of your own 'mothering' abilities toward yourself. The promise would be to yourself, not to let these emotional issues push you off the end.

Does this fit your life. If you can expand on the problem with authority figures it may help in understanding this dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Elona,
Thank you for providing some personal information and your thoughts along with your dream. This is a great aid in viewing the symbolism in proper context, that of the dreamer.

In the dream, the house would represent you. The balcony could represent restrictions (like a cage or child’s play pen). The neighbors could be a metaphor for society, social acceptance by adhering to social rules. Washed clothes then being the ego mask, the outer presentation of Self displayed to others, developed as a result of parental conditioning. The little girl would be your inner natural personality tendencies, jumping maybe a natural adventurous spirit. This natural tendency may have led you to explore and maybe put you at physical risk. And possibly childhood behavior engaged in to attract your mother’s attention, to pay attention to you. Perhaps she was ‘busy’ with her own social requirements so was unable or unwilling to devote the attention you required. Calling the girls attention may symbolize calling the issue it to mind for examination. The parents room, again, may be a symbol for the parental conditioning, that this resides within you. This may also point to the singular authority you were required to adhere to, leaving the natural personality suppressed. Advising the child may represent you too as an adult may have unconsciously adopted this same attitude of your parents. The child’s promise and kiss may represent you felt a need to submit, a view that their love was not freely given, rather had to be earned.

The dream may describe this issue with authority figures centers on past conditioning by parents. Parents can suppress a child’s natural personality tendencies in favor of social acceptance. Of course, for example teaching a child to not touch fire is necessary to protect the child from physical harm. Parents also teach children the current social dictate or rules must be adhered to, even at the sacrifice of personal development or suppression of natural personality tendencies, when those are in conflict with social norms. Again, in the parental mind, they view this as ‘protecting’ the child from a social negative perspective, non conformity, by being labeled social outcast, or weird, or the like. This is also done, maybe more so and unconsciously, to protect the parents social standing. They do not want to be viewed as the parent of a social outcast, a non conformer, feeling that reflects badly on the parent, an ego issue of the parent.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Gerard and Kathy!
These are both very interesting views. As I have mentioned in my previous messages in this forum, I have dealt (and still deal) with anxiety problems and now I accept that this is mostly because I did not receive the proper attention as a child especially from my father. As a consequence, I feel anxiety especially when male authority figures are involved.
I find very wise advices in your interpretations. The explanation of the adventureous spirit of the little girl, that I have suppressed over life, is one that really fits. The other one is the 'mothering' abilities towards myself. I know my dreams are telling me that I need to work on these issues.
Best regards,
Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Hi the 'old house' etc implies your 'grown up' self and the little girl, you are watching ( because noone else seems to be monitoring her) is part of your inner child.
She is naturally taking risks, exploring and playing in the environment and you are looking out for her.
This suggests a mothering instinct or the instinct to grow and develop psychically and emotionally to yourself and while you continue to acknowledge your inner child and nuture this side of you - growth and development is a positive, worthwhile journey.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

stats from 7-14-10 to the present