Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream theme repitition

hi gerard,
i have been looking back over my dream diary,
mainly because of nicola's superb observations in my last harvest dream,
the theme i have found in at least four dreams is exactly the same,
i find myself close to,
the treasure cave,
the sacred circle of tipi's,
a mandala patterned carpet in a central room,
my latest dream,the harvest,
in everyone the same thing happens,
something turns up at the last minute and trys to beat me to the goal,
i am not sure if they relate to four seperate events or they are refering to just the one,the individuation process,
following what nicola had said,the mythic theme seemed evident,
while i feel i have dealt with my nagative attitudes,
what else could there be,that would be represented by this figure ,that wants to see me fail.
the ego,the social dragon,both would rather have control,
i am open to any suggestions.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: dream theme repitition

Steve,
Look at both possibilities with an eye towards the individual process. Jung's admonishment that the dream has at least two interpretations is also true with the individual life. On one hand we are serving the individual cause, the 'Individuation' of the one psyche. But in doing that we are heros in the way of transforming the universal also. The smallest wave has some affect on the entire ocean. By individuating oneself we remove one negative aspect within the universal realm of possibilities.

In the many conversations Campbell had with Michael Toms {New Dimensions Radio} one that reasonates with me even to this day is where Campbell stated that the social dragon is so forceful that even he had trouble confronting that negative impact on day to day life. And Campbell was one whose life up until that time had been laid out in perfect harmony. For him to make such a statement reflects the difficulty of living a truly spiritual life in today's world. I see it in my own life. I believe it is that one last barrier to overcome. And it is so very difficult to do so. That is the dragon we face every morning we awaken from the dream world, the world we wish we could escape to.

But I believe there is hope, and a resolution to that conflict. I believe those who live the spiritual life {as defined by Jung and Campbell} will discover ways to overcome the negatives influences in life. It comes with the helping hands of fate. I believe the time ie near. And it comes just in time because there are such negative forces at work in today's world. The hero is on call and heroic tasks will be required to overcome the negatives that the world holds for us.

Patience is a virtue and every virtue has its rewards.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: dream theme repitition

gerard thank you,
ah yes,the thou shalt dragon,
your words reminded me of something joseph campbell said,
(the three transformations of the spirit),
and how the function of the lion was to kill the dragon called thou shalt,
the lion becoming a child on doing so,
a wheel rolling out of its own centre,
its begining to have some meaning now,

while reading this,and your comments on the collective unconscious stirrings ,many are feeling,
i couldn't help but remember the chronicles of narnia,

ASLAN is on the move,

regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present