Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
standing over fathers casket

i have gotten a call and heard that my father had past away and he was only 35. Me and my dad's girlfriend had gone to the funeral and I saw me standing over his casket(which I had seen his face, his face was very pale after that Me and my dad's girlfriend went to the grave site and burried him.But in real life he is still alive and we get along just fine, and I love him very much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 mid-west

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: standing over fathers casket

mariah,
i think you are concerned that dad might get sick again because you worry about his diet. you let this eat away at you and worry yourself. you love your dad very, very much and cannot imagine life without him. only your dad is in control of his health and you can only hope he makes the right decisions to stay healthy so you can be with him for a very long time yet. i love you, mom!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 mid-west

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Mariah,
I'm a bit confused about your post and the follow-up response. Is this your real Mom giving a response to your dream? If so then there is probably some validity to her advice. She knows you better than anyone and being familiar with your personal life is most important when interpreting a 'personal' dream.

First thing to look at in dreams is the possibility of them predicting future events. Your dream could leave the impression your father is going to die in the near future and the actions in the dream are predicting the future. Dream seldom, and I emphasis the word seldom, predict future events. The symbols in dreams are metaphors, expressing emotional stimulus in the life of the dreamer. The images are not literal but metaphorical. Most people {as well as animals and even other objects such as a house} are often symbolic, or metaphors, for the dreamer's psyche. I advise not to look at this dream as a prediction of future events but as a metaphorical dream addressing your inner fears about your father. Worse case scenario would be possible deeper issues in the relationship.

Dreams reflect the concerns as well as the positive aspects of a person's life. If you, as your mother states, are overly concerned about your father's health then this dream is probably reflecting those fears. But the dream could be addressing other issues between you and your Dad, if there were deeper issues in that relationship {such as an abusive relationship}. The different symbols are metaphors of your life and you, and the relationships in your life.

There are basically two types of dreams we recognize in Jungian psychology; the personal, which addresses current waking life conditions and experiences; and the more emotional experiences of life having to do with deeper issues, often formulated from earlier experiences that left a deep impression on the psyche. These deeper dreams often use archetypal symbols in expressing the emotional conflicts. The dreams of most young people are usually about personal issues since younger people have not accumulated and formulated past personal experiences that may cause emotional conflicts. If your relationship with your father was not a loving relationship, and had had some emotional abuse, then the dream would probably need a deeper look into the archetypal possibilities. An example from your dream would be the image of your
father. Your father, as an archetypal image, could symbolize a higher masculine aspect within your psyche, one of wisdom and experience. The dream would then be directing your attention to that deeper aspect of your psyche probably meaning something different than if it were addressing a purely personal aspect {your fears about your father's health}. Also in a deeper interpretation of a dream of this sort, the girlfriend could have a deeper emotional aspect to it. In the scheme of things in this dream she is probably a personal relation between you and your father. If there were deeper issues to confront she could perhaps take on a more meaningful role in the dream, and in your life.

What is your relationship with your father's girlfriend like? There is that possibility the dream is addressing the relationship with her, or her involvement altogether. my dad's girlfriend went to the grave site and burried him could involve deeper emotional issues having to do with her in the relationship with you and/or your Dad. She could also represent an aspect of yourself {less likely in this case} which could make her a shadow figure or some other aspect {you will need to read more about these different aspects to get a full understanding of how they function within a dream}.

Knowing the real life situation of the relationship with your father I look to the personal interpretation as the prime motivation for your dream. Fears of your father's health override the possibilities of a deeper aspect to the relationship. If I did not know these important aspects {assuming they are true} about your personal life I would have to guess more than speculate about the meaning of your dream {guesses come completely from left field while speculation has some authority of source}. Because you are still very young my first assumption about your dream would be along the lines that your mother stated in her follow-up post. If you were older, especially 30 and older, I would give more attention to the deeper possibilities.

One other thing about the different approaches to interpreting dreams. They can be addressing both aspects, the personal aspects concerning your everyday relationship with your father, as well as the deeper aspects. This is common in dreams. But again I see that as a possibility more so in an older person's dream than in someone your age.

In conclusion I would advise you to look at what your mother stated in her post as to your fears about your father's over all health. In such a case the dream may be advising you not to be so overly emotional about such fears. This is what dreams do, attempt to awaken you to truths about yourself that you may not realize, or even suppress. The message may be to lighten up about your fears and enjoy the relationship with your father. Of course being a caring and loving daughter, it would be wrong not to be concerned and even to help persuade your father to engage in a healthier life style.

I have taken more time to reflect on this dream post in hopes of influencing Mariah to take more interest in her dreams. Those of us who study Jungian dream psychology, we know how important dreams can be in assisting the individual in resolving conflicts with life. We also know it is important to help others learn more about dreams so they can learn more about themselves. Dreams are a tool for a psychological evaluation and resolution to the issues in the waking life and the deeper emotional life. Jung's approach is proven and is why 'Jungians' can be so successful in the understanding and interpreting of dreams.

Let me know your thoughts aboutt my interpretation. We may be able to clarify more about the dream, and your waking life relationship with your father and others involved in that relationship.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

while it's probably true that you are subconsciously afraid for your father's health---given his past history, maybe this dream has something to do with a) your recent trip to visit your grandma's grave-site, which brought out memories from her funeral and b) maybe it is your subconcious mind telling you that you have been caught up inyour own life to give time to your dad like you used to, and in effect, it's almost like he's dead because you don't get to communicate with him...and, it might be a warning for you to do your math homework!!!!!!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hmmm,
Math homework. Is that an intuitive insight or merely added humor? We welcome both, whether it has merit or not.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: standing over fathers casket

hi,
my favourite phrase at the moment is,
not until a bond is broken,is the bond truly felt,
this can appear in dreams to help release the repressed feelings we have about the situation,
you may be aware of your fathers health issues,
that could be the cause,
also,death sometimes means change,
obviously there has been a change to yours and your fathers life,
i assume that your parents have seperated and he actually has a new girl friend,
the death could also represent your feelings of this change in circumstances,
as gerard stated it would be interesting to bring to the surface your feelings about his new relationship,
and more importantly,where you fit in.
hope this helps.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

hi gerard,steve,and the all mighty tjin one jeff! thanks for such a deep response,i will try to fill u in on me and mariah to hopefully help you in your interpitation. back in april 2003, i was very ill and almosted died 3 times i spent thr greater part of 1 year in the hospital,since apriol 04 i have been healthy i am gaing wait a again so i could see where mariah is concerned,as for our relationship,i have me and here mother have not been together since 1995,her mother is really great about letting me see or take her anytime i want,latley in the last year,mariah as you know turned 14 and now has no time for her father though i understand,i know when i was her age the last thing i wanted to do is spend time with my parents,so now im lucky to see her once a month and if she does come over she always has to have a friend with typical 14 yr old i know but my point is if SHE chooses her own actions maybe she feels she misses me period.I dont think talking on the phone is the same as being together,now as for abusing my daughter in ANYWAY,i would never ever touch her physically,or mentally i love my little girl with ALL of my heart i know you guys werent inmplieing that and im not saying this in a mad tone agian i hope this can help you and i REALLY appreciate you taking the time to talk to her as much as you did i have posted dreams here under the name chris so i sent her the link to talk to you oh yeah as for my girlfriend we have been together for 2.5 years and as far as i know mariah really likes my girlfriend and jeff is here uncle thats my the math thing thanks again guys lookinf forward to hereing from you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35,midwest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: standing over fathers casket

hi mariah,
after what has been said,i feel your dream maybe addressing the comments i made regarding the broken bond theme,as you stated you love your father very much and he loves you,
if you where to lose him,as you experienced in the dream,
is there anything you wish you could have said to him, is anything left undone?,
you experience the loss ,ie the bond breaking,in order to bring to the surface what it is you really feel and want to say,
these are only my thoughts,and may be off the mark,
if this is the case,at least its one less to think about.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

stats from 7-14-10 to the present