Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how quickly or not do animus/anima figures change?

If there is only one animus (for a female dreamer) and one anima ( for a male dreamer) then why does he/she keep appearing in different guises?
I know the relationship/integration changes and fluxes but surely NOT this quickly?

Over the last couple of months, for example (if I were to look back at some of my postings on this site)
my animus has appeared as angel, helper, male friend, unrequited lover,husband to be, etc?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: how quickly or not do animus/anima figures change?

hi,
the anima/animus isn't one thing,
i like the idea that it is a vehicle for an energy,
albeit masculine for the animus and feminine for the anima,
these figures lets call them ,turn up in other guises in dreams,the anima for instance,
can turn up as valleys,cups,caves,gardens,downward pointing triangle, anything that holds a feminine quality to it,aswell as the obvious figure of the female,of which she will be carrying a certain quality,an energy.
the animus,the masculine can be represented by anything that pierces,swords,spears,spires,mountains,
upward pointing triangle etc,
so i think it isn't a matter of having one animus or anima,more that they are an aspect of the masculine feminine principal,in whatever guise is needed to get a point across.
identifying these aspects in dreams ,especially in the landscape of a dream is of great benefit to interpretation,
this is how expain it to myself,others may see different,
steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: how quickly or not do animus/anima figures change?

Hi Steve

Yes I understand and agree with your interpretation and am also familiar with male/female, animus/anima symbolism. I realise the anima/animus represent itself in many ways and is not 'one thing'.

I think I was more concerned with how quickly and in how many different ways my anima had 'shown' itself within the space of the last few months?

I think this maybe because there is a lot of change within my waking life as well at present and I have devoted more time to psyche/self work?
Maybe, maybe not - the more I learn the more I am convinced I know very little!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: how quickly or not do animus/anima figures change?

hi claire,
i think the important thing is not how many times the animus changes and how quickly,but how it is developing,how does it differ from the last time it appeared and in what respect,
i agree with you whole heartedly,
for me its like the first day at school,
a rollercoaster ride if ever there was one.
steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present