Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the abyss

hi gerard and all,
i would be very grateful for your advise and comments on this dream,as for me it was a big one!
i am in scuba gear searching in a clear ocean,turning rocks and shells discovering all sorts of amazing little things,the sea was quite clear and relativly shallow,
on climbing out i ascend a hill with what feels like a group of mythological characters,
a female,similar to beatrice from dante's divine comedy,tells me she has something to show me,
over the brow of the hill looking down onto the sea i was exploring,we see a huge abyss,one of the people with us ,a puck like charecter fires an arrow from his bow into the abyss,we wait for some sort of noise,
after a long wait we hear the arrow land,god it is deep,
the female explains that it is so dark down there,that light cannot penetrate,
i am beginning to realize now that we are all going into this abyss to explore,i can see monsters down there someone says,
my feeling is one of anxious excitment,
can't wait to get going,
i ask the female ,how on earth can we see our way in this sort of darkness,
she smiles and several small gold coloured dolphins appear,these creatures she explains, do not need their eyes to see,they have a special ability to see in 3D with just esp,
they will light the way and guide you.
the air around us is like water,fluid and the dolphins although not in real water are swimming around me,it is a wonderful experience ,

i feel myself, that this dream is an invitation to explore deeper in the knowledge that i am not and never have been alone,
i sense the risk,but am prepared to take that leap,
steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: the abyss

Steve,
This dream has all the earmarks of a personal myth utilizing classical illustrations of many universal myths. But because there is that recogniztion of truth you are entering the abyss with the guidance of the feminine psyche and not a patriarchal attitude that ultimately leads to failure. You are dwelling in a place of deep darkness and this place may be the last obstacle in your path to total enlightenment. Your dreams of recent paint such a picture, it must be true.

I can remember my dreams, those involving such mythological themes, prior to my final discovery of my true Self. My dreams were of the dark Goddess Kali. She represented the 'entire physical plane, the drama, tragedy, humor, and sorrow of life'. She was my ultimate feminine connection to the deep, dark unconscious that when fully recognized and integrated became my life's spiritual guide and my bliss maker. Because of these dreams I have consciously chosen to live a life predicated on hero myth. To get to that point, and where you are at in your journey, requires the upmost discipline, and dedication to the myth.

'Out of the darkness there is the light, for without the light there is nothing but the void. Take the light and dwell in the void for all eternity'.

I believe you are at a crossroads in your journey. All indications from your dreams you are ready to confront the final obstacle {in this cycle} and cross over the next threshold {the final threshold is death itself}. Do not expect a quick end to this cycle but instead a steady realization of 'truths'. This is the ultimate gnosis available in this life and can be expanded and explored by will and determination. What comes next is known, yet unknown. It is all predicated upon the individual life and what bliss station one choses. Mine was dreams and exploration of the psyche. I am confident yours will be as just as exciting and fulfilling.

What happened after my dreams of Kali? {this was in 1997}. I started to learn more about web design {self taught} and within a year Myths-Dreams-Symbols was born.
Note:
The original MDS website was at Angelfire.com

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: the abyss

gerard ,
thank you for you words,i used the term ,i would be grateful for your advice,as opposed to, help me interpret this dream,
i value your wisdom as it comes from one who has been there and experienced,that counts for a lot.
i knew this dream was special because of the emotional impact it has had on me,and has come at a very opportune time.
i understand that it is the begining of a new and deeper phase of understanding and creativity,
the challenge being to fully commit to the adventure,
my response to this is,
i could not turn back now even if i wanted to,
steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present