Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Creating A New Dream Website

Over the next several months, as time dictates, I will be creating a new website devoted to dreams. It will be less Jungian oriented on the surface and without the underlying 'psychic' themes Myths-Dreams-Symbols possesses {the dark backgrounds are for more than just illustrative reasons}. Plus I will build the site as more of a commercial endeavor, to see if there is a place in the wider www for such a creation. This is not specifically for *monetary reasons, rather as another way to introduce Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung to the wider Internet world in a context people would be more inclined to access. I hope to 'articulate' Jung and Campbell in a language all minds can understand.

Campbell and Jung are difficult reading for most people {partly because most people's focus is more ego oriented} and I see my task as making it easier for the general population to understand, as well as have access to the great knowledge these two men have to offer. Myths-Dreams-Symbols is devoted more to those who are serious about the inner journey. The new site, Dreams A2Z, will have lighter backgrounds and brighter colors and will have less 'in depth' info {I will have licks to MDS for that}. The idea is to 'catch' a wider audience with the more interesting or 'intriguing' aspects of the dream world. Selling an idea through the creative senses {as Campbell put it, 'Myth has to catch you'}.

The Dream Forum will probably play a large role with the new site. I will have links to the Forum but do not expect any real changes at the Forum {it works well, why change it?}. There are many who are surprised that dreams can be read {interpreted} accurately, and there is a place where they can share their dreams. With the talented people who contribute to the Forum sharing their insights, helping others understand the inner processes, the site can also help many more people since, if successful, will
attract a wider audience.

Why Build A New Site?

Two reasons. One:
I believe we are participating in the new myth that is our defining heritage. All that is happening in the world at this moment is an exercise in realizing that our heritage is more related to, and dependent on, the environmental world. When we start to get 'closer' to nature
we will begin the process of healing of the collective psyche {which is nature, or more specifically the environment} and hopefully save the planet from our own destructive ways. That is the ultimate task of hero, sacrifice and giving to the other. Giving of ourselves by participating in this Forum of hope {the regular contributors understand and share my optimism} is a way of contributing to that new myth. Whereas Luke Skywalker fought the Dark side in the wider universe, our task is to save this planet by participating in the myth, an inherent collective purpose I believe.
By helping others understand the inner life, through dreams, that understanding will hopefully lead others to the realization that man and nature and god are all related.
"What we do to the planet, we do to ourselves"...Chief Seattle

I hope all will contribute to that effort when the new site goes fully on-line.

Two:
It let's me continue to be that creative self that is my true bliss. A selfish reason I guess but I never confessed to being perfect.

Also. I will welcome any input that anyone has to offer. Content, appearance, operating functions, I seek your opinions. The site may change drastically from how I have it today, or it may not. It will be an evolving process working with new ideas. I want to provide content that informs with features that attract. Please share any thoughts you may have.

The name of the website is Dreams A2Z. The web address is www.dreamsa2z.com

This is how the site looks today Dreams A2Z

Gerard

*I am always open to new ways to support my endeavors to create. But never will I create commercial sites where the bottom line is the motivation. That is not where the bliss lies. It is the creative Self that benefits, the higher Self, the spiritual Self.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Creating A New Dream Website

Hi Gerard,

I had a very quick look at the new website you created,
I think it is quite clear, but perhaps needs to be more attractive visually with pictures perhaps.

And I liked the introduction to star signs and myths.
I had a question once I wanted to post on the MDS forum, which would have asked about the relationship with star signs and dreams, perhaps this is starting to answer it.

thanks
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

I've made some progress on the new dream website. Take a look and let me know how it looks. Some links are not yet operatable but most are. Let me know how you feel about the set up for the dream dictionary.

Dreams A 2 Z

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
The new color scheme is better. And like Magda, adding pics improves the visual presentation. Looks good. Dream dictionary format is well put together but may become cumbersome if you plan to expand it to the same size as that of MDS. And the word links in MDS version are handy, faster than scrolling in the larger sections.

One of my creative projects started over the holiday is coming along. Slow but that's to be expected. It'll take a few more months to get it in shape. Thank you Steve for your insight in naming the Mandala.

I welcome feedback from all.
Moon-round Tangency

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Kathy. I will offer a full page view of the dream dictionary for those who want to escape the scrolling. The color scheme will probably be more suitable for a commerical site and I like pics also. The only problem with pics is they take so long to oload for anyone using dial up internet.

I am happy to hear your project is progressing. I sometimes feel I will lose interest or ability if I am unable to use my creative abilities on a regular basis. But I an reminded that is not possible everytime I sit down and put the creative hat on. It starts to flow like a river on a mission. The only real drawback is being able to do it all the time {and leave the social dragon behind}.

By the way. When are you moving to England? You know I have already reserved you a place {stating you lived there in another post}. And if the GerarderM/B> says it is so, it is so {yeah, right!}.

Gerard

Gerard,
Graphics intensive sites are not compatible with dial up. Low res photos are good for information sites that want to reach the widest audience and remain dial up friendly. Yet my Bliss manifests in a visual form so requires a higer res/faster connection type.

Your prior reference to Kathy, home, England and intuitive connection was accurate although not exact.

I didn't make the connect until today's post. From 11/7 to 11/21 I was very focused on working a dream interpretation. One of two main characters, really the same character in two different physical forms, was traveling home to England. I had emailed Steve asking him to examine the dream, his insight was dead on by the way, so completed the interpretation just prior to 11/24. The dream was much about the intuitive aspect of Self. (Thank you again, Steve.)

Since a dream character represents the dreamer, the character was me. Your intuitive knowledge was correct.

'Kathy' was going 'home' to 'England'.

A good example of the mystical aspect of life. Ahhh, intuition and the 'foreign' language through which it communicates...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy,

I am interested in looking at your Mandala website project in more detail.

What it reminded me of was part of my study project at uni, in my architecture course, where I looked at symbology in buildings, many which exhibited symbols from nature, ie. spirals, curves, circles. These buildings might have been churches for example.
I know it doesn't directly relate to your project but I thought I might share it with you. It's interesting how broad a topic may be and how things like nature and sprirituality i.e mandala influence in all aspects of life.

regards
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Well,
The new dream site is up and running and 99% complete. Undoubtly I will make some changes and tweek some of the existing pages but overall it is ready. If you have a moment to stop and look at the site, please do so and let me know what you think. How the dream dictionary looks and performs is important.

Dreams A2Z

Thanks,

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present