Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
brain-eating visitor

I had this dream early in the night while I was just falling asleep. I woke up frightened.

A woman/ghost/spirit/zombie with long dark hair comes through my window to visit me on occasion. Everytime she comes, I feed her some brains (I'm not sure whose) that I have on a plate. This is usually enough to satisfy her so that she can speak with me without becoming violent towards me. But this time, it is not enough and she wants to eat my brain. She is frightening and I run out of the room to ask if I can stay with my mother because I am so scared. She says I can.

Note: I have long brown hair and now that I think of it, she was my same height and I believe she was wearing a long white gown of some sort. She came straight through my window and it was as if I expected her visit and had the "food" ready for her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, a while back

Re: brain-eating visitor

hi,
ghosts and spirits visiting could be repressed experiences,usually negative in content,that require your attention,then they will go away,
it is natural to be slightly alarmed when such dreams carry this kind of symbolism,
but there is nothing to be afraid of,
the feeding of the brains,
this could be a ref to , a particular issue that may be draining you of energy(mental),

i noticed a similarity to a vampire visiting,

you give just enough to stay unharmed,
its almost like a bribe,
are you in a situation , where this would make sense?
these are just my initial thoughts,
feedback is always of great importance,
as it allows us to move forward,
if we are off the mark.
hope this helps,
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

Re: Re: brain-eating visitor

Steve,
Thank you so much for your reply. I´m sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I´ve been working a lot lately and haven't had much time. I´ve been thinking about what you wrote. I don't know, there are many things going on in my life right now.

But now that I think about it, this ghost/zombie...it is like my shadow, she is dark, scary, violent. I'm not sure why I welcome her in if she is so scary. It is as if I enjoy talking to her or she imparts some knowledge to me. I actually wait for her with the plate in hand at night. It is like my creative spirit, I give just enough to stay safe so that I can still talk to her, I give just enough to that creative side to have it in my life, yet I still stay safe in my room, unharmed, not risking anything, really. But has the time come to welcome it completely? I have remained safe, untouched, for far too long. I guess she is my dark muse.

This is something I wrote trying to figure her out, speaking from her perspective: "I am a ghost, a specter, a zombie an evil twin. I bring knowledge and I am not evil intrinsically, I cannot help wanting, needing my special sustenance- raw brains, that food, not for the intellectual, for the ghost, but for the strong spirit, muse. I love the feel of them in my mouth and you bring me a plate small, yet just enough to tide me over for our conversation. You feed me every night when I come to speak to you and I enjoy talking to you. I am dark, sinister, yet I have something you need. My white flowing gown and long dark hair, I could almost be your dark twin, your other. I impart my knowledge to you. I feed you in return. It is not a one-way gift. We share our sustenance. You feed me and I feed you what you need. But only late at night when all are asleep in the darkness of your safe room, I come through your window. I don´t climb really, I almost pass right through. Where do I come from? What am I to you? I am your dark twin. I come from outside while you are shut up in there, your small dark room always locked in. You lock yourself safe in your small self and don´t venture out to Become. You are safe and that is all you will ever be if you don´t venture out like I do. Maybe that is why the brains on your carefully prepared plate will not suffice any longer. I want to devour yours. So that you will stop thinking so much and just surrender. Now it is your turn to go out and gather the knowledge for yourself. You can´t hide safe in your mother´s arms. It is your time to venture out, to risk, despite the fear."

That is always how I´ve been regarding my pursuits, my creative, my intellectual, I always give just enough to stay in it, to keep one foot in the door, yet not enough to completely surrender or make a commitment. That is why I seem to never advance far enough, to achieve. I seem to go around in circles. I don't know, maybe I do think too much about failure or past experiences and now I simply need to surrender and give my all to what I am doing, believe in myself and move forward.

Thank you so much for your comments, which were the springboard for this deep analysis. I am no longer scared of that dark spirit; next time I will welcome her.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, a while back

Re: Re: Re: brain-eating visitor

hi sana,
as you have quite rightly stated,
the integration/acceptance of our shaddow aspects are an important step in the right direction towards wholeness,you are aware of yours,which is good,
i am reminded of joseph campbells words on the two aspects of the buddha,
which if you mirror your dream in its imagery ,it sort of makes sense,
if the buddha wants to open you,
and you are clinging to your ego and its little world,
the wrathful aspect comes,it seems terrible,
but if you are open ,and open enough,
the same is experienced as bliss,
i know this is talking of a higher level ,
but i think it is also true of our meetings
with inner content,especially shaddow aspects,
albeit on a more mundane level,
what is true above,so below.

regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

stats from 7-14-10 to the present