Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death in the family

In my dream I am in the bathroom brushing my hair and i begi to notice that my hair is becoming thicker, oily, and stuck together. I start pulling at it only to realize that I have dinnerplate sized pieces of dandruff coming off of my head. I remember feeling so grossed out that I started to pull the pieces of skin off my head and out of my hair. As I did this, I noticed that underneath the pieces my scalp had gooey stuff on it and I was going bald. I freaked out and left the bathroom. As I walked into the living room I saw my spouse, children and parents playing and visiting. I felt very distanced from them as if I was watching them from far away, but we were all in the room together. Just then my little sister appeared and she was upset and crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said that we needed to talk. As she followed me into my bedroom she gradually turned into one of my three older sisters. I knew she was changing but it did not seem to bother me. When we reached the bedroom she handed me an official-looking piece of paper that was intended to inform the family that there was a death in the family. The paper did not have a name on it and at first I had the feeling that it was about my oldest sister. Then I noticed a line that had the age of the deceased and I realized that it was the older sister right above me instead. My sister was standing there in hysterics, so I had to tell my parents about the letter. I was not crying though, in fact I didn't feel anything. I went into the living room and sat my parents down and told them about the letter. They started to freak out, but I still had no emotions. Then I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 & California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Death in the family

Jenny,
Let me give this dream a better look in the morning. I'll probably have a fresher intuitive mind and hopefully be able to provide better insights.

On first inspection I would ask if you are under a lot of stress at the present time, and are you in the process of making changes, perhaps major changes somewhere in your life?

Note: For those interested in how I approach dreams for interpretations

An important aspect in addressing this dream is the dreamer's age. Being 21 she is still in the formative years of developing personality, ego and self. Without all the accumulated emotional baggage that an older person would possess, the possibilies are the dream is more focused on current life situations/experiences and less likely on trying to confront and resolve negative emotional experiences from earlier in life. If nothing else logic would point to that.

Of course I would consider the later but often the dream will provide clues to that possibility {this is where a developed intuitive self is important in understanding dreams}. If I don't inquire about more personal info or if there is no indication of this to be read in the dream then often the first response from the dreamer to my interpretation {if I get a response} reveals more personal information. I feel I can provide a better interpretation when I possess more personal information on a younger person or adult. Of course the more you know about a person will help.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I grew up in a large family that although had little to none, managed to stay close. Naturally as we got we grew apart, but we have remained very involved in eachothers lives. There is a total of six kids, of which I am a middle child. There have been a few dramatic changes in the family recently causing a major divide among us. My sister right above me ( the one that dies in my dream)as living in my home whith her boyfriend and two daughters when her boyfriend almost killed her two month old baby (shaken baby syndrome). He denied it and lied, then came clean to the detectives, she supported him, and the family divided. It was especially hard for me and my fiance because they were in our home when it happened so our children were investigated by autorities as well. They, of course, are no longer in the home, nor do they have custody of the children, but things are still really hard as far as stress and many other rippling effects of all this. The main reason this bothered me so much was the fact that I felt nothing in the dream. As upset as I am with her, she is still my sister and I can't imagine not caring if something happened to her. I am trying to understand why I would dream about that. Also, what's up with the hair deal. That part was really gross and I do not have any idea what that was about.
Thank you for your interpretations, sometimes it helps to get another, objective persons help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 & California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Jenny,
Thanks for the additional personal information. I will make a short comment about your questions.

The stress you speak of and the turmoil and changes come through in your dreams. At least in my accessment. Hair in a dream is often symbolic of attitudes, state of mind, feelings. Dreams speak in symbolic language, metaphors. The grossness of the hair and head part of the dream may reflect the degree of emotional stress these conflicts in your life are causing.

I'll take a deeper look at all this in the morning and see where it leads us. The info you provided will be very benefical.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present