Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the no12 bus

hi,
i would be grateful for any comments on this dream,

it has 3 distinct scenes,
i am in a colledge,telling a female i think she is the one,after a heated exchange,she becomes ugly ,i realize she isn't the one at all,and i leave.

i meet another female,i rest my head on her shoulder as we walk together,i realise she is not interested,
i let her go,

i find myself at a crossroads,a choice of left or right,i am looking for the no,12 bus stop,the whole street is full of bus stops,my intuition tells me to turn left,i do this and walk to the top of a hill,and arrive at the no 12 bus stop.
as i am waiting,a female appears out of nowhere,i can see she is cold,she is only wearing a blue check cotton shirt,i put my arms around her to keep her warm,
we are both waiting for the no 12 bus.

i am not sure if this dream came out of my thoughts the other day ,on gerards comments ,
looking for love in all the wrong places!

i am struck with the emphasis on the number 12,
so far i have found it to represent some sort of completion ,
any insights much appreciated,
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

Re: the no12 bus

Steve,
The dream is probably in some way addressing the 'looking for love in all the wrong places' aspect. But the number 12 does seem to be important, perhaps beyond this one aspect. In the dream you have a choice of directions. Of course it is only natural you chose the left hand path {this is the hero path to adventure}. This may be confronting those aspects of the hero journey which always unresolved until it is completely resolved.

As for the number 12. In a calender year 12 is the last month in completing the year. The fact we are indeed in the 12 month of 2006 may be relevant. But we may need to go beyond just the number and add it up, which would give us 3. In Jung's approach 3 is one less than 4, the number which represents wholeness, completion. Perhaps it signifies that you are almost there. The number 3 is 1/4 of 12. It is a riddle but does it have meaning?

There are other numbers that can represent completion. I mentioned 4. The number 10 is often seen as the last number before starting over. And my favorite the number 9 {magic potion number 9}. But since we are in the 12 month of 2006 {2x6}, perhaps the end is near {2007 2+7=9}. And if we take the number 3 and multiply it by 9 we get 27, or 2007. My tea leaves have for some time pointed to 27 and I have witnessed the 3x9 symbol many times of recent. I believe 2007 will be a decisive year, in more ways than one. Again a puzzle to be solved using the Jungian brain?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Steve,
Oh yes. I almost forgot the bus. We can look to the dream dictionaries for advice to what this may suggest. But I have a habit of Googling and when you Google the number 12 bus what do you get first? Take a look to what pops up. If may fit since you are from England {and Kathy is from Ohio}.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: the no12 bus

gerard,
i think you are on the right track using the number 3 and 4 instead of 12,
the dream was in three distinct parts,the fourth being the no12 bus when it arrives,(completion)
the meeting with the female who needs warmth would suggest the present and the number 3,not complete yet,
i can see the reference to the uniting of male and female elements,as the instigator for the next stage of the journey,namely the journey home,
this is what i was aware of in the dream,
the bus would take me home,
now that could mean death actually,physically,
or the death of the ego led life,
i say this because i felt everything i had experienced in this dream prior to finding the female at the bus stop,was a mistake,mainly because it was what i thought i wanted,
finding the bus stop and the female was via intuition,
i believe i am being tutored here,in what knows best,
something that i still have to learn to trust,
took your advise and tried googling for a no 12 bus,
made a cup of tea instead,now looking at the tea leaves,
regards steve

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Steve,
If you find anything in your tea leaves that connect to the #12 bus in the UK, I'll be more surprised than you. And ask what you take with your tea? I thought it odd though that the first thing to show up when Googling was the story about UK's bus. Could that be sychronistic?

Gerard

Re: Re: the no12 bus

gerard,
yes the story of the bus on google was slightly interesting in its content,
namely,that the word shit was on the rear of the bus,it was sent in by a colledge student,
if it mirrors my dream content,prior to the arrival of the female and the bus, ie whats past is shit,
then by comparison there may be an element of truth in it,
i must appologize for the use of language,but thats how it is written,
sychronicity has a habit of catching you of guard with a meaningful coincidence.
regards steve

Re: Re: Re: the no12 bus

just a second,
i have just added up the numerical values of the letters s-h-i-t,you get 11,now that is strange,
not quite twelve,
steve

stats from 7-14-10 to the present