Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day Residue

If you haven't visited my new dream website and read the main front page article, 'Understanding Dreams:
Perspectives From the Ancients Through Modern Times', you might want to take a minute to do so. Interesting info about dreams.

Why the new dream web site? Myths-Dreams-Symbols is more 'indepth' and dedicated to Jungian ideas. The new site is general info about dreams. If I can get people to become interested in dreams with a more 'mellow' approach, hey, it may work well.
Also it has been some time since I designed a new website. I truly enjoy being creative.

Dreams A 2 Z

I believe the following paragraph from the article is important to consider when interpreting dreams:

In his quest to discover the role of dreaming, Jung also concluded that dreams are not only relevant to the dreamer's life, but that they are all parts of "one great web of psychological factors." Such things as events, movies and people seen the previous day also play a role in dreaming. Sometimes referred to as day residue, these memories leave impressions for the unconscious to deal with when the ego is at rest. The unconscious "reenacts" these glimpses of the past, in the form of a dream.

I believe a younger person's dream will be more focused on this day residue more so than the deeper issues older people, and younger people who do have deeper issues, experience. Of course we are getting into the deeper layer of unconscious, Jung's collective unconscious, when we begin to analyze the more 'complex' psychological conflicts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present