Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Long Lost Animus?

Hi Everyone,

A man I know in real life appears in my bed. We are innocently lying side by side when he quickly and suddenly pulls me into his embrace. He is sick and has a fever, his face is sweating, and I caress it tenderly. He starts to recover. Suddenly I see flash. He is wearing a strange square shaped ring which photographed us in bed, and though I have done nothing wrong I feel guilty and in fear that my husband will see the photo I obtain the ring from him. He tells me that he would be afraid I would be angry that he took me in his arms because I was a married women, but it was actually a wonderful feeling. This is the second dream I had about him with the same theme, the first was when he kissed me and hugged me quickly. Both dreams left me with a sense of longing when I woke up.

In real life I have no feelings for this person whatsoever, neither positive nor negative. I feel he represents an important part of me that I need to integrate and connect with. The ring he gave me was square, with four sides....an invitation to wholeness, but I don't understand the part about the flash, and a camera in the ring and feeling guilty and then waking up and feeling something missing.

Also, I've decided to pull my energy away from the people who have been hurtful, but just not giving them importance. It has been working so far, I feel better and they seem to have melted in the woodwork as I ignore them and their hurtful behavior. Sometime ignoring a problem does make it go away:). But really, not focusing on their behavior takes the significance and my energy away from them and towards more worthy goals, like my personal growth and professional work, so thank you for the great replies to my last posts!

Thanks everyone,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Long Lost Animus?

Hi May

The themes that I see in this dream relate to trust, loyalty and love.
Trusting the motivations of others ,,, and trusting your motivations.
Discerning the motivations of others ,,, and discerning your motivations.
The role of loyalty, duty - and the role of love.

Certainly a contrast to rape and betrayal

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi May,

Perhaps the flash represents insight, as illumination of the unconscious (dark) issue. A signal the dream is about to reveal unconscious content. A camera is focused on a subject, may be symbolic of focusing in on the issue.

In the dream the longing you felt, feeling something missing, is that inner drive to develop and integrate the animus. As Jung’s posits it is innate in each of us, this longing to psychological wholeness and creative bliss.

On a personal level, the dream may also describe the recent conflict, a hopeless situation, and withdraw from that conflice. The illness descriptive of the imbalance your animus suffered as you struggled to resolve the issue without further deepening the conflict. The camera ring, a ‘spy’ tool, may indicate possible thoughts of cleverness or even mild deception came to mind as you attempted to, again, resolve this without escalating conflict. As you embrace your animus, this stressful situation brought out the best in you enabling you to let go and refocus on your priorities. Rejecting being dragged down by others. You met and overcame the challenge with the assistance of your animus so turning a bad situation into a more positive one.

On a deeper level, it may point to quilt as an issue. NOT that you are guilty, rather you may have developed an unhealthy guilt complex (illness). An unconscious ‘automatic’ response of unwarranted guilt. This may describe the current state of the animus development in relation to a guilt complex. Do you sometimes experience inexplicable inner feelings of guilt?

A thought about the square ring – as symbolic of the squared circle, the Psyche, the center within the external, the inner self and ego. Was the inner part, worn next to the finger, also square or a circle? (Although this may be projection as I’m currently working with this symbol.)

I always examine personality traits of the people I know in waking life who appear as dream characters. I usually uncover traits I lack so desire to develop, or sometimes traits I possess.

I’m happy you’ve been able to fully re-engage your Self work and professional work.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

'have done nothing wrong I feel guilty and in fear that my husband '

Symptoms of an abusive relationship.
The abused person feels guilty and to blame and is afraid of the abuser.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

your male side wants to merge with you too make you a more well rounded person. Maybe to develope a talent or push you in your work.
This can make you feel guilty for your husband, because you, as a woman, feel that your main responsibility is too take care of your man (traditionally that is what women has been raised to do in society) and you feel guilty for it. Its ok. Its a good thing you want tom express yourself fully as an individual. Maybe something creative like painting or a new buissniess, or something in your current line of work.
Maybe you have been letting your husband be your animus for a while, aka letting him bee in charge, doing work and being the assertive one. This means you have to separate yourself from him and so to speak "become your own man", and become your own individual. You feel guilty because it feels like your cheating him out of the relationship you think he deserves. But dont worry, this will actually lead yourr relationship to the next level, so you can face eachother as two adults.
I dont know. I might be wrong because Ive neve met you, but this i can relate to myself. And i really hope its been of any help for you.
best wishes
E

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 Malta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present