Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Freud & Sex

An interesting article in the NY Times this morning about Sigmund Freud and an illicit affair with his sister-in-law. Carl Jung is mentioned prominently, having talked about the long covered up affair and how Freud's wife's younger sister had confided in him of the relationship. Jung was accused of malice toward Freud due to the competitive nature between the two after Jung broke away from Freud and his dogma of sex. An intriging affair to say the least.

Some say that such an affair discredits Freud's sexual theories. With several recent posts about sex at the Dream Forum I believe that assumption needs more investigation. Freud may have been overzealous in his assumptions of the sexual aspect of the human psyche but many of his theories fit with these posts. Sex can be a controlling aspect, perhaps greater than love itself.

Hotel Log Hints at Illicit Desire That Dr. Freud Didn’t Repress

For those interested in the scholarly aspect of the Freud/Jung debate, you can read about that here
Sex, Lies and Letters
: A Sample of Significant Deceptions in the Freud/Jung Relationship.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present