Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question on Dreams

I have 2 dreams for you, one I had as a child about 11. In real life I have 8 brothers. My family was Bible bopping religious, in other words, beats you over the head religious. My dream was, GOD visited me, but GOD was a woman, she was laughing and joking with me about how my bothers would sure be shocked
to find out GODs a woman.

The second was the other night. In it I discovered my Grandparents, they were alive and living in a apartment. There was a lied about them being dead, they had fooled everyone in the family. My grandmother said they had lied about being dead because they had won a lot of money and didn't want to have to share with anyone. I was angury with them for putting the family through all the suffering of their deaths. They had 2 gifts for me, wrapped in gold wrapping. I tried to contact my other family to inform the that they were alive. They snuck off and left. They moved to Michagan. The 2 gifts where just tossed down to the bottom of the stairs. In real life my grandparents that I adored, died, my grandmother about 30 years ago, my grandfather about 20 years ago. One more thing, my grandfather didn't look like my grandfather, except for his beautiful blue eyes.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48/Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Question on Dreams

Carol,
Thank you for posting your dreams and contributing to the Forum. The first dream could reflect the child psyche as rallying against the over zealous religious attitude of your family environment. Female the opposite of male, hence God a female. I ‘assume’ you were subjected to a Christian doctrine focused on the female as a lesser or undeserving aspect while glorifying and upholding the masculine, and a masculine God, as superior.

According to Jung the child and young adult psyche is more focused on the external rather than internal. Yet I have doubts about this aspect of Jungian psychology. Or more likely it is that I simply have not learned enough in this area. Joseph Campbell brings the aspect of deeper meaning in children’s dreams into the dream, and life, arena. I recall dreams from childhood that resonate with deep archetypal meaning. And as a child at the time of the dream, knew the dream & meaning were important. But had no reference or guide to consult, no training in the deep meanings available a result of disconnect to our heritage full of ritual and myth. An archetypal, or universal, interpretation could view this dream as of God and Self being one. And possibly the Call in youth that was missed. Tl learn about Joseph Campbell click on this link Joseph Campbell The Heroes Journey

In the second dream, there appear to be multiple threads of meaning. On a personal (waking) level, a possible inheritance, not necessarily financial or material but would not rule these out, that your family abandoned or took from you.

On a deeper level, all the characters represent aspects of your inner Self. Grandparents would represent higher feminine and masculine aspects. Some inner knowledge held with these aspects to be shared with the other aspects, yet there is resistance. The two gifts represent this unconscious inner knowledge but are not shared so can not be consciously utilized or realized, so remain undeveloped. That they are at the bottom of stairs could indicate ascent if proper attention were paid to development and utilization. Recalling your grandfather’s ‘beautiful blue eyes’ could refer to peering into the unconscious.

Let me know your thoughts…

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Wow, I am, impressed, you have given me lots to think about, especially on the first, since that was a dream that has stayed with me for almost 40 years, almost as if it were a personal secret truth that I knew. It kept me going in many of hard times. I guess it made me feel special, that GOD would come down and share a private joke or laugh or moment with. I guess I felt atleast GOD saw me as worthy, even if I were only one of the daughters.

On the second dream, I think you have something there also, My paternal grandparents loved family, they loved us kids. They only were able to have one child, that was my father, they wanted more, but where unable to have more. They adored us kids. We as a family were sooo poor, but they always went out of their ways to make sure us kids had gifts at Christmas. They were passive, but good to us, as my Dad was. I miss them, especially this time of year. The rest of my family don't much care about family. When my grandmother died, there really was no family anymore. just a lot of people who only cared about themselves. They all seem to want to be the only child. I miss my Dad and Grandparents.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48/Ohio

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Carol,

Glad you found this helpful. Family and those connections, both gifts of gold, were a wonderful gift from your grandparents and father. I'm sorry for your loss. Even many years past, our memories and emotions remain with us, become a part of us. Something I'm just now beginning to understand...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present