Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for interpretation

I just recently had a dream that me and my boyfriend were at the local pub we usually hang out at. A fight broke out and there were a lot of people involved and specifically they were known to me in my dream as being gang bangers. My boyfriend was not involved in the fight but while the others were fighting he went up to one guy and bashed him over the head when he was not looking. I was very upset that he would do that to someone who was not looking and why would he even get involved. A friend of mine from High School who was a known gang banger in school and i have not seen in years was there too. He was like the ringleader of the fight but was not involved. He came up to me and told me that my boyfriend was going to be killed for what he did to the guy who was not looking when he hit him on the head. I tried to get sympathy from him becasue i knew him but he said there was nothing he could do. I was immediately scared and anxietal and went up to my boyfriend and was trying to get him to leave the bar. He was drunk though and didn't seem to care. I was so upset. Finally i got him to sneak out the back and told him to wait for me in my car and i would be out shortly. Another guy i knew walked into the bar and said to me "hey your boyfriend is sitting in your car" so loudly that all the guys who were looking to kill him heard. I told the guy to please be quiet but he immediatley turned mean and said that my boyfriend has to pay. At that point all the gang bangers stormed out of the bar and i ran out and all i could see when them surrounding my car and starting to smash my windows. I ran back into the bar and pleaded for our friend the bartender to call the police but she couldnt understand me. Finally i grabbed the phone but could not manage to dial 911 and i was terrified as to what was happening to my boyfriend outside. I woke up relieved that it was all just a dream and he was safely asleep besides me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: looking for interpretation

Katherine,
When I look at dreams of someone younger than 35-40 I often do so differently from someone older than 35-40. The reason being there is a good chance the dream is primarily addressing more recent personal experiences for a younger person {addressing the ego concerns}, whereas an older person's dream {who takes the time to have a dream interpreted} will have a better chance of addressing deeper emotional issues.

Having read your dream and without having analyzed it my first impression is it may be addressing something from your personal life. Of course Jungian thought all dreams address both current personal issues as well as deeper emotional issues. But I do get the impression there is a recent experience that may be the stimulus for this dream.

I'll give it more inspection either later tonite or in the morning. If you can add any information that may be relevant, that may help.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you! I am 28 and my boyfriend is 33. We met at this establishment and have many good friends who also are regulars there. Recently we have had the realization that perhaps we should not spend as much time there as we have in the past as "drama" usually finds us and effects us both in a negative way. Also, recently my boyfriend had an altercation there that didn't turn physical but it did get verbal. He was sticking up for me because a women there said something not very nice about me when i was walking by and although i didn't hear it Tom did and approached the women who neither of us knew and put her in her place. It was no big deal though and is to be expected while in that atmosphere and people are drinking. So, i am sure that has a lot to do with that dream but in my opinion that was a positive thing he did for me and caused no hostility towards him from me. I can recall this overwhelming feeling of fear in this dream that made me remember it so clearly....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Katherine,
Most likely your dream is addressing concerns about your experiences at this establishment. What yo stated about those experiences and the dream contents seem to go hand in hand.

But there is probably something more to the dream that you may need to better understand about yourself. Dreams reflect your deepest thoughts, desires and fears, using symbols and metaphor as an expression. Although your dream is addressing the conflict you experienced at this particular hangout, it may be addressing deeper conflicts you possess. Those deeper conflicts are what we need to discover.

After reading the dream and comparing it to what you stated ion your follow-up post, there seems to be a concern on your part about your boyfriend. Does he tend to be a combative type, not only around others you socialize with but perhaps at times with you? What is it that you have recently been upset about, other than the experience at the local bar? Has there been a conflict of sorts between you and your boyfriend? That may be part of what the dream is trying to address.

All in all it seems the dream is as much about your concerns about your boyfriend and those negative experiences at the hangout, and from other instances. You may want to look at your boyfriend's temperamental attitudes. This may be part of the concern the dream is trying to address. The dream may also be addressing your own masculine aspects. Read the link I have provided on the anima/animus and see if any of fits your waking life.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Katherine, I am by no means an expert in dream interpretations, but thought i would share some of my insights with you in relation to your dream. Feel free to disregard if not relevant. I think this dream could be about your fear of not being able to protect yourself, and also maybe a repressed anger at your boyfriend for "fighting your battle" on your behalf. Not because it is inappropriate for him to protect you, but because you identify yourself as feminine and needing to be protected. Maybe these elements come out in your dreams because you dont allow them to be conscious in waking life. Hope this helps.
edwina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Edwina makes some valid suggestions. The dream could be addressing the relationship with your boyfriend in the context Edwina suggests. Consider that when trying to understand the dream's intent.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present