Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
territorial?

I can't remember some of this dream, and much of it seems like residue from the day but here goes anyway
(BTW how do we tell what IS residue thoughts from the day or is there no such thing? - I know some people believe dreams are just the mind working through the facts, events and worries from the day?)

Anyway my neighbour has decided to extend his semi-detached house/build a lean-to at the side of his house - right next to me, just after I have moved in!
(grrr !) anyway, nothing I can do about it. But I know part of the dream waa about the threat of people building on my 'site'
Is this simply just a territorial thing?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 Uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: territorial?

Claire,
Have you determined whether your neighbor {in your dream} is a metaphor or might it be addressing real issues with a neighbor? I would venture to say it is metaphor {and could also address real waking issues, in a lesser way}.

If it is metaphor then your animus is ***most likely involved. Is there an aspect of your life where there may involve 'moving something in'? The threat may be emotional {people are often representative of other aspects, there may be one aspect threatening the whole}.

A territorial thing. That may suggest a conflict with the masculine. I suspect you have already drawn some conclusions. If you will share those perhaps we will narrow the possibilities.

***I say most likely because I always want to leave open the possibilities. I am a dedicated Jungian, I see first hand how correctly his philosophies apply when interpreting dreams. Most always I will use the anima/animus theory but I don't want to commit to ' never say never'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: territorial?

hi claire,
i may be wrong but i noticed a similar theme with your last post ,
in it you stated roughly,that when you find the real self coming through form the male,it is usually the dark side,
with what gerard has said,and indeed your own conclusions,a conflict of somesort with the masculine seems evident,if not your neighbour,
if this is a ref to men in general ,it may reflect negative experiences from your past with the male of the species,
this would also to some degree have an effect on the relationship with your own animus,
what is it you really feel threatened by,that puts you on the defensive?
steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Yes, you are both definately right . I often have a problem when I come into contact with 'the male ego'.
My own animus tends to be usually helpful, like the dreams I have described in the past, helping me pick up on things to do with the new house etc.
I was abused by a male sibling when younger and the issues of trust/belief/the truth etc surrounding this have split my family, left me without a family of my own and have made me distrustful of some aspects of the male ego I think.
I am very definate about having my own 'safe space' in which to live/grow/do my own thing etc without 'male interference' as I see it.
I know this is a sacrifice in terms of what I am missing, in protecting myself but at the moment think it still tends to go along the lines of
'better safe than sorry'?
I guess some of these territorial issues are making themselves known in my dreams?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: territorial?

hi claire,
it never ceases to amaze me, how traumatic childhood experiences have such an enormous impact on later life,and we probably don't even know it is these negative experiences that are influencing us.
its ok for us to blab on about the symbology in dreams and what they may mean,
but some need a cure to the problem,
you have had a negative experience which is influencing your life in a negative, but ubderstandable way,
if you think all men are the same,which is based on your negative experiences,and therfore a lopsided conscious attitude,
the only thing you can do,which will take a lot of patience,is to keep searching till you find one that breaks the mold,
you have a wound,and the only one who can heal it,
is the one that gave it to you, in the first place,
in this case the male, now males in general.
your feelings and responses are perfectly natural,
but, what was somebody elses mistake,need not be yours .

hope this helps.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Damn right it's not my problem Steve! I have worked through the affects and the blame and responsibility lies firmly on the shoulders of my abuser, who is however, still in denial.

I don't think all men are the same. But like you said, you can only go by experience. Until I meet one who treats me with the sensitivity and respect I deserve, I shall continue to protect, establish and enjoy my own space.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present