Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
children swimming

I'm not sure if most people remember their dreams everynight but I seem to dream everynight so vividly that I remember exactly what I dream. This is what dreamt last night. I am at a pool sitting under a tree & I am watching my 2 children at their swimming lessons ( I have a biological boy & a girl) in my dream it is also a boy & girl For some reason I turn my back & the girl starts crying in hysterics. I pick her out of the water & tell her that she doesn't have to worry that I will always be there for her I love her so much & I tell her she is perfect (in my thoughts I know she is adopted & I am so happy that she is mine)My son finishes his lesson. The instructor tells me that he could not pass because he is not old enough. I am so angry at the reason because I know that my son deserved to pass that I beat the instructor until he changes his mind. Do all dreams have meanings or I do I just have a vivid imagingation?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Toronto, On

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: children swimming

Jana,
All dreams do have meaning. That meaning is in your life, your emotional and physical life, and they are addressing current experiences that have strong emotional value or of past experiences where the emotional energies still have strong influences {often unconsciously}. Often dreams will address both the present and the past using the same language and/or motifs. The task is to decipher the symbolic language dreams use and compare it to your life and see where it fits.

I sense that the dream is either addressing a past experience {when you were a child} or is trying to communicate repressed emotions about someone in the present. My guess it may be your father. The parts about your children learning to swim may be from some past experience but also may symbolize your inner child swimming in the unconscious realm {unconscious contents that have yet to be put in its proper place}. Telling your children you love them and will always be there may be your unconscious looking at your won inner self, discussing the need for love and acceptance in your life.

Then the dream turns to the swimming instructor, a male. This could represent your own masculine self. Or it could be addressing your father's instructions at some time in your life. The boy may also represent a masculine aspect, younger and still learning. The anger you feel in the dream may be at directed at yourself. You may beating up on yourself for some reason, with the need to change something, perhaps how you feel about someone.

You are at that age where young adulthood begins its transition into the mid-life stages {something you can expect to continue for the next 20 years}. At mid-life we begin to look back and inwards whereas previously our focus was outward, concentrating on ego development. There may be a mixture of that in your dreams, the past and the present. My senses are that it may have to do with your father. Either some experience that left an emotional impression on you that still lingers or emotions about your father since his death.

How close where you to your father? Have you had deep feelings about his passing? The dream in many ways seems to be addressing the past but something tells me it is that but no so much about traumatic experiences but memories of the past. Perhaps there were impressions you felt your father possesses that were incorrect and wish you could have changed them. Or there may be impressions you have of your father that have left since he died.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can discover more of what the dream message is about.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard, it wasn't until I read your post in my last dream that I realized my father could be the sub of many dreams. My dad past away due to natural causes (he was 71)& they didn't find his body for a week (Jan 9/00). He died sometime after I last saw him on Jan 1/00. I was not allowed to see my father's body and I struggled to believe/accept his death. He was the only person I had in my life until I met my husband. My mother deserted us when I was 11.After he died I would dream about him telling me he wasn’t dead,meeting me for lunch etc. Then I would start seeing him sleeping, not always there... until the dreams stopped. I try not to think about him because I cry too much.I must be suppressing my feelings.Thank for you for this website, & the answers you provide.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Toronto, On

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Jana,
Thanks for your follow-up to my interpretation. Verification of an interpretation let's those of us who work with dreams know we are approaching a dream in a correct manner. Jung developed a formula to help us understand how dreams function. Putting that formula into practice and achieving positive results allows those of us who interpret dreams to gain new insights to the unconscious psyche. But it is you, and those who take the time to post their follow-up impressions that provide the greatest insights. We appreciate your participation and your interest.

When I read your dream this morning I had an impression the dream was addressing the relationship with your father. Sometimes it requires reading between the lines to discern the true intentions of a dream. Children can represent themselves or they can represent aspects of the dreamer {often they do both}. The flow of the dream lead me to believe that the instructor in your dream was your father, even though he is not mentioned in the dream. It is not always that the whole dream follows a neat pattern and clarity of the symbols can change. I often rely on those intuitive impressions when interpreting dreams. It seems we came to a correct conclusion. I hope the time you have spent at the Dream Forum offers you some closure in this aspect of your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present