Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE: Speedex 1632

I have a chance to buy a Model 1632 with 10" plow, cultivator, hiller, disc's, 48"snow blade, 48" belly mower, cart ball hitch for 3 point hitch. The emplements have hardly been used, the tractor and engine is in very good condition, runs good, no smoke. The guy has all the manuals and maintenance journals for oil, parts and filter change. Tires look new with chains. Could someone give me an idea what I should offer for all this equipment? Just a ball park figure would be nice. Or could someone direct me to someone that would know? He is only going to hold it for me for two weeks. Thanks

Re: RE: Speedex 1632

Warning you could be making a mistake. Speedex tractors are like model T's. Good luck trying to find parts for them. I wouldn't offer him anything. Buy something you can use and not worry about finding parts for someday. My Dad has one sitting in the shed and he hasn't used in years. Scrap prices are up.

Hold on a minuet Al!! Old John is not a fan or owner of Speedex tractors and may not really know what they can do. I have a Speedex S-24 that I have had for 37 years and still use it today. I'm not in favor of the high priced Zero turn models to mow grass and I mow 2 1/2 acers every week. I also have other S-24's that I use to push snow and pull a lawn cart. Oh sure I devide my chores among the tractors but all of them are 30 plus years old and when I thought that I needed to rebuild one I found that my Briggs engine was still within factory tolorences. That 1632 with a Twin cylinder Briggs was a high dollar tractor with all of the attachments that are offered with it. I have fabricated many parts for my tractors and many parts can be found on the net or through bearing and hydraulic supply houses. The 1632 is the bigger version of the S-24,with a 16 Hp engine and has 12 front wheels that help with the steering.Take a look at overall condition and operation. That tractor probably sold for close to $3000 dollars new with all of the attachments. Selling price depends on what he wants and what you are willing to pay. If you don't want it let me know. I have never been diappointed with mine!!!

Al, I've got two 1632's and one 1631. I gave about a grand apiece for them with various attachments.
Like John says, if you want something boring, expensive, and funny looking, go for a new machine. But like Ron says, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty now and then, searching ebay constantly, breakdowns, new found words etc., I'd go for it. These little babies are one heck of a machine. The fun of ownership is the challenge of keeping them going and the satisfaction of all the things they can do. If you don't want it I do!
Good luck

I also have a Model 1632 and love it....the T92 transmission can be a little testy....they can be rebuilt and sometimes a simple welding repain on the shifter end to re-build it and clean up with a grinder will do the trick.....they don't like to be shifted under load....you will learn ...if you get it...good luck...mike

Don't know if you got your 1632, but hope you did. I'd pay somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500 depending on the condition. I paid a grand for my 1430 with a deck, rototiller and blade, paid $500 to have it shipped from Pennsylvania to California and still feel like I got a great deal.

If you get it, you will be the talk of the neighborhood. My 1430 will go where no other garden tractor will go. I haven't done any mowing yet, but do a lot of rototilling, trailer pulling and dirt pushing with it. Looks like a real tractor and is easy to fix. Most parts are easy to find or make. Keep it greased and painted and it will last a long time. This group will help a lot if something does go wrong.

I have, model #S 23, with owners manual and attachments: mower deck, 42" sickle bar, snow blower, back blade.
Do you know of someone interested in purchasing, and what a fair price to ask?
Thanks,
Kevin