Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tractor identification

While reading messages in the forums yesterday i read one that got my attention and low and behold i got an answer to a question i had. As i am redoing an S19 Speedex i cleaned and painted the frame, i did not notice the numbers on the right front of the frame. I checked this and found the numbers FFO 2-72, i assume this is the date the tractor was made, below this number there is another number, 714, this one i have no idea what it is, if anyone knows please let me know. The decal's on the tractor speedex, same as factory but on the bottom of the decal it reads, Lawn and Garden Equip., Ravenna, Ohio. I don't know if this is where it was sold or if it is where it was manufactured. I lived about 15 miles from Ravenna, Ohio for over 45 years and never knew of a Speedex plant there.

Instant Messenger: firecop_1999

Re: Tractor identification

Mike, thanks for the info, very much appriciated. Information was very interesting, now i can start putting together a display for when i show the tractor. Bob.

Instant Messenger: firecop_1999