Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedex S-24 no spark!

I am re-doing my 1964 speedex S24 and wanted to get it running before I started to stirp and paint it. I replaced the plug and the points with condensor but I am still getting no spark. What would be the next step in my process for trying to get a spark?

Re: Speedex S-24 no spark!

I was always told that if you had new points and condenser and still no spark, Replace the coil. Should get you going then. Make sure that you are not grounded out first at the stop button or at a shorted wire. Be sure to space the coil with a business card above the magnets and then tighten it in place. Good luck