Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lift bar

I am looking a a rear lift bar for sale for a model 1630. I have a 1240. I would like to know if it would fit on my tractor

Anthony

Re: Lift bar

I am guessing yours is bent. Not postitive, but I am pretty sure the 1630 lift won't work. I think the tractors use different frames. Don't see 1240 parts very often, but I bet you could have someone fabricate a lift for you (especially if you have the old one). That seems like pretty much what they did at the factory anyway. Some of the home grown parts on mine look as good as the factory stuff. Unless you already have Speedex implements, you might want to make it a 3ph anyway. Good luck in your quest.

my 1240 didnt come with a rear lift bar. I am looking at a rear lift bar from a 1630. i was told it would fit with some modification.

Probably would work. A few good welds and you are good to go. The Speedex systems are all pretty simple. That's why they still work after 30 or 40 years. If you don't have hydraulics or a linkage to the handle, you should consider using a linear actuator. Have always wanted to put one on mine. Also might want to look at the Cat 0 electric 3 point systems for ATV's. Might be able to adapt it easier and have a more universal lift, particularly if you don't already have Speedex implements. Good luck