Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
T-92 Transmission

I have a Speedex 1631 with T 92 transmission.
The transmission is starting to hang in gear and requires the removal of the top to put everything back in place. This works for awhile and then hangs again. Ive read on the internet that this is a common problem and can be fixed by welding the control rod (shifter lever) tang and grinding back to original shape. Can someone give me a more detailed description of this procedure as i have no idea what original shape is or how it is supposed to fit the slots in the shift rails. Please feel free to email me at sharpiexy@netscape.net
thank you in advance,
Mike

Re: T-92 Transmission

Must be common. I was just going to post on the same thing. My trusty (and no longer rusty) Speedex 1430 is stuck in 1st. Actually, it looks to me like it isn't really in the shift gate. It happened while I was shifting out of reverse. I tried to pursuade it into coming out of gear, but didn't want to bang or tug too hard. Wondering what to expect if I crack it open and if there are any tricks I should know. If all else fails, I'll have to get a used one or have this one rebuilt, but hoping to save the money and work it out myself. Hope someone out there can help. At least we can keep adding to the Speedex knowledge base.

Found this thread on the Power King Yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PowerKingTractors/message/64347. There are also a couple of guys who can rebuild it for you for about $50 or a new shifter is about $70. When I hear how much trouble it is to get the trasmission out of a Power King it confirms why I got a Speedex. Which would you rather do, remove the clutch housing and drop out the transmission or remove the belt guard and unbolt?

I found another 1631 the other day and the T-92's shaft protudes from the left side of the case and the belt guard will not fit back against transmission. I assume that someone has had it apart before and I wonder if the mian shaft might be too long or for a Power King. Does anyone know if the shaft for a Power King is longer? Thanks Ron

Just an update on the T 92..bought a new shift lever from these guys. powerkingtractor.com . They have T92 parts and a diagram on thier site to make sure its what you need plus fast service.
Power King uses the same transmission, but the input and output shafts may be different. If i would have known what my shifter looked like before wear i could have welded and ground it back to size. If anyone is interested in repairing thier own, the end should be .562 diameter x .300 thick. I dont think this is super critical. If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me.
Mike

This is a source . NOT cheap, Ussupply of Taylor, Texas. ussupply@totalaccess.net 512-352-7979 . we also have repaired by welding and re-grinding, has worked so far. Mike