Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
S24 2spd

HI all

I bought a round hood S24 to use as parts, now, as the bug hits me, I want to keep it going too. Unlike my 3 speed Square hood, this has a 2 speed (Fwd/Rev) transmission. It was whining badly when I got it and also, someone welded a metal brake pad on it which has really damaged the pully's.

I will address the tranny at another time, but I would like to know if the 2spd trannys whine a little. I made some modifications to it, so It bolts up tighter, that seems to have helped.

I need to find a new double pully for the tranny, and a belt guard for drive belt. Please feel free to email me if you can help. mail@mediamagicproductions.com

I also am in need of a "re-builder" for a Starter/Generator. One of mine is starting to spin a bearing, I dont know if I can replace that bearing or if it is more involved. I took it off so I dont ruin it.

Im in Jefferson Ohio by the way.

David Walker