Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which Color Red?

Ok. One more question. I'm uncertain of the true red color of a Speedex. I would like to use the Valspar brand of paint from TSC. The only red they offer are Ford, MF, and IH. Of these three, which one do you think matches a Speedex best? The tractor is already primed with grey.

Re: Which Color Red?

If you have an S-Series tractor the TSC Massie Fetguson red is real close to the original, but your red choice is open. some use the Rustolem bright red . have fun mike

Regal Red Rustoluiom (not spelled rite) I painted all of my Speedex Bs and F.G.s this color and some have been painted 18 years and still shine when clean. Good luck with this project. Phil

On my 1430 I went Rustoleum Red with a 2-part clearcoat that you can buy in a rattle can from auto paint distributors. Came out great. Really shines in the sun. Mine was so weathered that I have no idea how well it matched to the original, but it works for me and made my red tractor RED. Painted the wheels Rustoleum yellow. Supposed to be white, but no one in my neighborhood knows the difference and I like yellow better. I have to say that the Rustoleum has held up well on the dozer blade. Much better than I thought it would. I like that you can buy a gallon and rattle cans that color match. Painted my tractor, trailer, and a few implements. Brushed on certainly goes a long way. Did the frame and the entire trailer with a brush and still have 1/4 of a can.

My last 1632 had pretty decent original paint on it so I had a good shot at matching it up for my other tractors. I found the IH at Tractor Supply (valspar)
was almost perfect. Holds up great and relatively
economical. Good Luck, Gary