Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
speedex s23

Where do u fine the serial number on the frame i thought but can not find can someone help thanks

Re: speedex s23

Serial numbers on the Round Hooded tractors are located on the right front frame rail as view from the seat,under the drive pulley. They are stamped and sometimes a little hard to see, you may have to scrape off some of the rust or build-up of paint in order to read them. Your are looking for something like.... 0439E. If you can find it I can date it for you ... good luck .. Mike

Hi, can anyone tell me what year BB 874 would be? Found that number on the frame under the pulley on my engine. I just bought the tractor this week. It has a 9.2hp Wisconsin engine with a magneto on it. Engine model # is AENL. First year for that model is 57 according to the Wisconsin website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bob Carr
Hi, can anyone tell me what year BB 784 would be and what model it really is? Found that number on the frame under the pulley on my engine. I just bought the tractor this week. It has a 9.2hp Wisconsin engine with a magneto on it. Engine model # is AENL. First year for that model is 57 according to the Wisconsin website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Bob, BB784 would be a 1967 vintage tractor, production of this year included two engine models which determined the Model Make....that is... Briggs engine tractors were S19 Models and Kohlar engine tractors were S18 Model tractors....The Wisconsen engine was not advertised in sales literature and COULD have been a replacement engine by a previous owner ?? for now Mike

Instant Messenger: BB784

Re: speedex s23????

Mike,
Thanks,I appreciate the info. A friend of mine has a newer 8hp Briggs he is willing to trade me. Looks like my Speedex has the Peerless 4 speed trany too.
Mike do you know if the S19 came with electric start? My friends engine is.
Thanks again
Bob

Bob,
I believe the electric start was an option. Either way, yes they did have it. I have all of the starters for mine. Most of the time they start without too much trouble so I just use the rope to start them. I have an S-19 but no 18 yet. Both the S-18 and S-19 had the 4 speed tranny. The only difference was the make of the engine. 18 had kohler, 19 had briggs. Hope that clears things up.

Thanks Brandon, Good info. I haven't started working on it yet but better hurry, winter will be here soon. Thanks again
Bob

Could you tell me what year my S23 is? # 0125 f

Thanks a lot!