Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1630 shifting keeps hanging up

the darn thing keeps hanging up.just wondering what i can do to repair this trouble.i love my tractor!

Re: 1630 shifting keeps hanging up

( 1 ) Subject: Fw: Transmission T-92

I have a phone number for a place called Olymphic Gear in Twinsburg, Ohio. They produced the T-92 3- speed + rev. that was used on the later Speedex tractors.....I understand they still make and sell the transmissions and parts. Ask for George Elliot. They should be able to help you. The phone number is 330-425-4112 ....good luck....Mike

( 2 ) Another collector sent this comment...This is a common problem. The cause is the worn profile at the end of the shifting lever.
Two options to fix the problem. No.1: Replace the shift lever, an available item on ebay
from "USSUPPLY" in Texas., or check the website for "Olympic Gear" in Ohio (run by a
former Speedex officer, I believe) No.2: Build up the end of the old lever with weld and
regrind the proper profile. Had to hire a mechanic to replace it, as I was not
smart enough to figure out how you got the darn thing apart. At the same time this same
mechanic built up and reground the profile on my old one to match the new one. I am now
all set when it wears out in another 20 years. The USSupply guy will install your new lever
if you send him the tranny top.

Instant Messenger: T-92 Transmission problems

Re: 1630 shifting keeps hanging up

Power King guys have the same problem (they use the same transmission). There's a bunch of guys who can rebuild it for you too. Search their forums for stuck transmission and you'll turn up plenty. I have had the same problem myself. The few times it has happened I just popped the cover off and realigned the linkages. If it happened more frequently I'd want it get it fixed. Thanks to Mike for giving me the courage to just open things up a go for it. As always, he's a great help.