Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint color

Hello. Can anyone suggest the correct color/code for the S series red and yellow? Thanks. Mike

Re: Paint color

I have been using IH red paint from TSC and I am sure that you can find a yellow that will do well. I have used school bus yellow but it may be a little too much?

I personally now like the Red TSC Massie Fergusn Red, to me that is a very close match. See the S14 section C.Wiles of Painesville tractor. The lighter yellow John Deere is good match. Some use the Red Rustolumn Bright Red which looks great also.

Instant Messenger: Paint colors S-Series tractors

I am upgrading a previous restore by some unknown person. I have looked at and tested 6 different reds, Massey F, IH, Rustoleum Farm Implement, Rustoleum Gloss Protection, and a couple Velspar reds from Farm and Fleet. I can see several (3) different reds on the tractor. The hood is a pretty good finish and maybe original color match. The closest match to the hood is the Rustoleum Gloss Protection in a spray can. I am looking for that color in a can to brush on the frame parts. I don't think the yellow is John Deere which is too bright.

Does anyone know some of the colors used by speedex on a 1940-41 model B? I am looking at one that has a lot of GREEN paint on it still. the green is not a JD greeen but more of an olive green. I have looked but don't find any other color even in protected areas.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mike3pmr