Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wiring from the regulator.

We have a S24 Speedex Flathood we are trying to fix up. I am stumped on how the wiring runs off the regulator so my battery is charging while it is running. It has the stock Brigg's and Stratton 10hp engine. Please any help will be greatly appreciated. The wiring problem and new stickers are all that is left to be done. Thanks ahead of time.

Re: Wiring from the regulator.

Hello Tina,
Just came in from the barn after looking so that I can get this right. One large battery wire goes to the armature terminal on the generator from the starter button. Along with that wire on the starter button goes a wire to the battery terminal on the regulator. On mine the armature terminal on the regulator is on the bottom of the regulator. A wire from there goes also to the armature terminal on the generator. The field wire goes from the field terminal on the regulator to the field terminal on the generator.
SOOOO, you will have one wire between the field terminals, regulator to generator. One wire from the armature terminal on the regulator to the arm terminal on the generator. One wire from the starter button to the battery terminal on the regulator. You may have to polarize the generator to get it to charge. To do that take a small piece of wire and jump between the battery terminal on the regulator to the armature terminal on the generator, just for a second. You will get a spark. DO NOT touch the field terminal with a hot wire, you will ruin the regulator!!!!
Generator terminals are hard to identify on the generator!! Usually the smaller terminal on the generator is the field. Be careful, you don't want to have to buy another regulator as they are exspensive anymore.
Good Luck