Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How does the Variable speed work ?

If the VS control lever is pushed all the way forward should this put the tractor
in the stop position or should it continue to move at its slow speed? Going
to change my back to VS as it was converted to single speed at some
point in its life. Also there is no trace of a serial # stamp on the right frt frame rail,
could they have skipped it? Very odd it is an early S24. Thanks in advance
for your help.
Mark

Re: How does the Variable speed work ?

Hello Mark, I haven't used my VS S24 since last summer. I do remember that when I put the peddle down ( Kick down ) the VS handle pops forward al the way and stops as the brake pad ingages agains the trans. pulley. hope this helps. review the photos I have on the site for what it looks like with the belt guard off. I really like the performance of using my VS as a utility tractor. for now Mike